Blinker Cancel / Running Lights / Flashing Brake

Do you have the Running Light Function enabled?
That would only happen when that is utilized

We both have the running light function on, but my gauge light behaves differently. If the turn signal "times out" the gauge light will remain solid, as it also does while signaling. But, if I manually cancel a signal with the center button the gauge light will continue to flicker. It sounds like @RockOn gauge light goes off whenever his signal light is off, which is ideal.

I may just go with the small foil sticker idea over the gauge light if I don't snip the wires to the bulb, but in the meantime the flicker is really not too bad.

Do you have the Running Light Function enabled?
That would only happen when that is utilized

Yes, enabled but as Journeyman said I have a normal blinking dash indicator but he does not.

PS: Maybe the fact that Journeyman has LED's for turns and I still have my incandescent bulbs makes a difference....???

Last edited:
I had a Kisan SignalMinder on another bike and finally added one to the Roadster. Unless you never forget your indicator after making a turn and getting distracted by x,y,z, I highly recommend this $110 contraption. One time is all it takes for a cager to think you are turning and plow right into you. Did you have an issue with the signal l

This device cancels your blinker after 10 or 20 seconds. When stopped with the brake on it pauses the countdown. Also, you can convert your signal lights into running lights. When braking your signal lights will flash. There's also a way to turn on hazard flashers.

It will work with standard bulbs, but for increased brightness and decreased load I ordered LED replacement bulbs from Superbright LED for $39 - 4 indicator bulbs + brake light. There's a vehicle finder that will ensure you get the right bulb. It's a great company. The Kisan negates the need for a load resistor for the LEDs.

If you want the running lights feature you have to tap into three wires. Like many of you guys, I don't like messing with electronics, but this was super easy. First, I located the flasher relay under the right side cover. Turn on a blinker and feel for it- you remove that and plug in the Kisan. That's all you do to have blinker cancelling and set it for either 10 or 20 seconds.

Next, I looked up the wiring codes in the Roadster Supplement Manual for the indicators and brake light and found them near the relay. The smaller colored wires connect to heavier wire (different color) which I thought best to tap into. To verify which was which, I just turned on an indicator or pushed the brake and disconnected the wire- if it goes off, that's your wire.

Rather than use the T-taps (don't like) directly, I used Lockitt Posi-Taps, which don't damage your wire (and are reusable). I connected short pieces of wire to the Posi-Taps and used the T-Taps on those instead. This added an extra connection point but makes removing everything easy and damage free. At some point I'll get rid of all the excess wiring on the Kisan harness to tidy things up a bit.

Anyway, I thought this might be something others might want to look into and if installation seems daunting- it isn't.

kisanimg_3924.jpg kisanimg_3925.jpg kisanimg_3921.jpg kisanimg_3922.jpg

Edit/add 9-8-19 One quirk- because the Roadster has a single instrument panel light for the blinker (for both left and right) it will flash continuously (see Kisan for explanation). The remedy is to remove/disable the bulb or replace with an LED bulb- my next project.

New question on an old thread. Had dealer install SM1'Signalminder on my 2011 Roadster. Now the dash indicator light flashes and when turn signals are activated they have a rapid blink now which they did not have the first day after installation. This started after using the hazard light mode. FYI Kisan seems to be out of business. At least they do not respond to calls or email. Any help getting rid of the signal rapid flash will be much appreciated.

New question on an old thread. Had dealer install SM1'Signalminder on my 2011 Roadster. Now the dash indicator light flashes and when turn signals are activated they have a rapid blink now which they did not have the first day after installation. This started after using the hazard light mode. FYI Kisan seems to be out of business. At least they do not respond to calls or email. Any help getting rid of the signal rapid flash will be much appreciated.

At the end of my original post you must have missed where it says this... "One quirk- because the Roadster has a single instrument panel light for the blinker (for both left and right) it will flash continuously (see Kisan for explanation). The remedy is to remove/disable the bulb or replace with an LED bulb- my next project."

Since you can see the signals on the front when they're flashing I considering snipping that wire or just putting a small sticker over the light.

Rereading this post (pay attention to @DEcosse (electrical guru) this only happens when you have the running lights enabled. Also, he said it wouldn't matter if you put an LED in there, but you can't anyway. Seems like there are other variables at work, as another member was getting different results. He guessed it could be that I had LEDs and he did not.

I'm not sure about the rapid blink on the signals themselves. That sounds like you have LEDs, which I've heard will do that when replacing originals, but the SignalMinder is supposed to have a built in feature that prevents that rapid flashing from occurring with LEDs.

At the end of my original post you must have missed where it says this... "One quirk- because the Roadster has a single instrument panel light for the blinker (for both left and right) it will flash continuously (see Kisan for explanation). The remedy is to remove/disable the bulb or replace with an LED bulb- my next project."

Since you can see the signals on the front when they're flashing I considering snipping that wire or just putting a small sticker over the light.

Rereading this post (pay attention to @DEcosse (electrical guru) this only happens when you have the running lights enabled. Seems like there are other variables at work, as another member was getting different results. He guessed it could be that I had LEDs and he did not.

I'm not sure about the rapid blink on the signals themselves. That sounds like you have LEDs, which I've heard will do that when replacing originals, but the SignalMinder is supposed to have a built in feature that prevents that rapid flashing from occurring with LEDs.
Yeah I do not have LEDs so that's not the issue.

Found this but my vin seems to be in the use SM1 range.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230820-202539.png
    Screenshot_20230820-202539.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 4
Back