Been thinking about a new Rocket 3 Touring

The Long Haul Seat is great but only with the backrest. I did 600 miles in one day on it with my wife. Both of us were fine. 400 miles is a piece of cake, the backrest and cruise control make this bike an outstanding touring bike as far as comfort goes.
The power and torque, smoothness, great handling, great brakes, good gas mileage, reliability, good performance, good looks, and good price all add up to IMNSHO the best big bike you can buy.

A thousand less than I just paid for mine. Funny it has 29 miles on it as did mine also. I still feel I got a deal too.

It's probably new old stock that has had a little mileage put on it so it can be sold as used. I would count that as new but be sure to pick up a service agreement if you find one that's a good value.

The one I just bought had been turned in from a dealer that dropped Triumph and I bought it as used, but it still came with a full factory warranty. But yes do ask and check. Great price you would pay more than that for a new T-Bird LT.

The one I just bought had been turned in from a dealer that dropped Triumph and I bought it as used, but it still came with a full factory warranty. But yes do ask and check. Great price you would pay more than that for a new T-Bird LT.

Why anyone would buy a Thunderbird LT when the R3T is still available I can never understand ,I would buy a new 1200 Bonnie rather than a T bird,

Check out these threads:
R3T derestricting
My tune ecu adventure

tl:dr
Basically you use the cable to remap the bikes ECU to derestrict the throttle bodies, giving you 20-30 hp... makes it a different bike.

Some people use an android phone and a dongle. I used a Win 10 laptop and a cable. Search Amazon for
"USB Cable for Triumph Motorcycle TuneECU Program" Was 24.95 and eligible for Prime shipping.

Here is the site I used to get the software: TuneECU - Links

I believe I used this map: http://www.tuneecu.com/Tunes_in_Hex_and_dat/All_Tunes_sorted_by_model/all_Rocket/Rocket III Touring/R3T_stock_or_slip-on.zip
Probably a stupid question but it wont be the first or last time. Do you know if remapping the ECU voids the Triumph warranty?

Back