Been thinking about a new Rocket 3 Touring

The lug or barrel is the metal piece that hold the cable in the lever.
When you take it out of lever, wipe it off and clean the lever where it sits and pivots too. Then lube it with whatever you're using for the cable.

I bought a long haul seat for my first Rocket. It was just overall bigger. Russell builds their seats on the stock seat pan, but anyone who has seen a custom Russell seat knows that the seating area can be huge compared to the stock pan, and both pillion and rider can get more support.

FWIW, I can take the stock seat for a couple of hours without too much flinching.

I can take the long haul seat for maybe half a day. So it might be considered "better."

But if I want to ride the bike day after day, the Russell "Day Long" seat is the way to go.

I had one made for my first Rocket, and I have just moved it from Rocket to Rocket over the years.

Regarding Russell, what makes it best is that it is custom made for your leg/thigh/butt configuration, and the design takes into account how your arms will hit the grips. This last issue is a surprisingly important aspect of seat design.

So ... in my opinion, the long haul seat is worth a try, and if you're a lighter sort of guy (sub 200 pound class), then it may do the trick for you.

But if you're on the large size (200+ class), foam seats aren't likely to be comfortable for more than about half a day. The Russell suspension system has a definite edge.
Any opinions on the comparison between the long haul seat and the mustang?
The stock seat is good for a few hours. I'd like to improve that and I'm not willing to go seat-less for the time Russell would take - at least not yet.

Back