Rocket 3 Touring Pannier Rails

lionel

.060 Over
Seems the pannier rails are very hard to come by in the UK.

All the dealers I have contacted have replied no longer available.

If anyone comes across a dealer in the UK with some in stock, please can they let me know.

They appear on US sites, but with postage then import duty of I think 12.5% followed by 20% tax too expensive to import.

Thanks

How in the world can that be, the Touring is still in production?

Does seem strange.

One of the emails from a Triumph dealer about 40 miles away from me.

"Good Morning,
They do indeed fit all years. They are now obsolete from Triumph so I am unable to obtain more."

They are not available in the US either. They were discontinued at least a year ago, and existing stocks are gone. Bike Bandit continues to show them on their inventory, and when you order them, the order proceeds normally, but then two or three days later you get an e-mail from Bike Bandit saying that they are no longer available. I've personally talked to 30 dealers trying to find them in a local inventory, but with no luck.

There was a set that showed up last year on ebay, but they wanted twice the original msrp. Someone eventually paid it and they sold. Since then pickings have been slim.

The best bet to get a set would be from salvage of a front end crash where the rear of the bike was OK. Since there aren't a lot of Rockets out there, and since they only made the pannier guard rail kit for 1 or 2 years, I expect it won't get easier to get a set.

We have laws in the US that require that a manufacturer stock parts for a vehicle for 10 years after its date of sale. Since Triumph included the pannier guard rails as standard at least one year, I'm not sure how they're getting around this issue.

El Toro Rosso - getting the same here, they are still listed on a lot of sites, when you email to ask if still in stock answer comes back no longer made.

I'll have to make some up, shouldn't be too hard to fabricate these from tubing.

Just have to find a good plating company that will jig it correctly to get the chrome evenly distributed.

At present, it's finding the time to do it.

I've thought about having some made and chromed too, but I'll probably never get around to it.

When I had my original 08 Touring, I bought a set. I should have taken them off the bike when I traded it, but I didn't want to take the time.

Now that I have another 08 Touring, I would love to have another set. I offered the guy on ebay msrp for that set last year, but he wouldn't budge on the price. If they were offered today at twice msrp, I'd probably spring for them, but at that time I thought more would show up. They never did.

I think Triumph is missing out by not continuing this accessory.

Last edited:
parts

I have written Triumph and requested the name of who manufactured the parts for them. We'll have to wait and see what they say... I expect they'll say they don't divulge that information. I'll say why not and get hot, and they'll ignore me... but have to ask.

My bikes toppled over twice and the pannier rails definitely saved the pannier. No more rails = more replacement panniers for Triumph....... Or am I just being cynical ;)

I don't understand why they are not required to carry the parts for 10 years. They sold the bikes in the US, and they included the pannier rails as standard on the 2011s (I think that was the year). Standard parts are supposed to be stocked for 10 years, and here we are a year or two later, and Triumph has abandoned their responsibility.

They were "standard" on my 2010, too, a promotional package deal, factory installed.

Back