I guess as a kid in a toolroom I used to balance grinding wheels (big ones) between two parallel round rails prior to installation and use (if you didn't get it right you would know about it). The manual balancing technique is not a hard thing to do but it does take some finesse.
Manual balancing of wheels and tyres can be done without any problem if you know what your doing - if you don't have the skill then don't try.

Just takes a little practice. The balancing went very well and I took it easy as I tested the tire to make sure the balance was proper. No issues, but then again my GPS only had me topped out at 99 mph :thumbsdown:. In my case it was more patience than finesse.

Your choice, but unless you know something most all of us experienced Roadster riders do not, you really should be running the Exedra Max on the rear!
I had the Exedra max on the 2005 Rocket. It was a decent tire but I thought I would try the Cobra chrome and I like it better. I just don't care for Avon/Cooper tyres (the company) right now.

Last edited:
Your choice, but unless you know something most all of us experienced Roadster riders do not, you really should be running the Exedra Max on the rear!
After running the Exedra Max for my last three changes, I prefer the Chrome. The bike has more stability and gives me more confidence in the twisties. For me the Chrome is the better choice.

This confuses me . . .
You state disdain for Avon, yet you prefer a Cobra ??? o_O :confused: :rolleyes:
The Cobra was on a recall. I like the Cobra but am irritated at the delay and problems I had with Avon over replacing the tire. Just because I have a problem with Avon's poor response at replacing my tire has no bearing on the tire it's self. It is without a doubt the best tire combo I have had on a motorcycle. It's the response, not the tire. I should have explained that better in my above rant but hey, you 'experienced Roadster riders' have to give us novices some leeway.

Last edited:
agree about 2 months back i did the same with my rear; swapped the big STone with the cobra chrome- much better handling especially in the twists a noticeable difference. I still have the Avon 140 up front (non-chrome) but will be moving to the 150 chrome you have very soon.

ok so i just got the new larger 150 cobra chrome (installed sat. 1 feb)- and man!! not going back to the 140 size. Immediate difference in handling and acceleration-moved to 110 mph without barely any notice in handling; also felt more assured in the twists as well. thumbs up!

ok so i just got the new larger 150 cobra chrome (installed sat. 1 feb)- and man!! not going back to the 140 size. Immediate difference in handling and acceleration-moved to 110 mph without barely any notice in handling; also felt more assured in the twists as well. thumbs up!
I agree. The difference is amazing.

Back