Air Filter Change

You’d have to take it up with my garbage guys lol. Sorry man
Like many others i too appreciate you taking the time to do a video...it shortens the time for when us guys want to change the filter i'm sure. Question...do you notice any difference in the performance of the motor because of the DNA filter over the stock filter?..does your bike respond better on acceleration maybe?..just interested ...thanx.

Like many others i too appreciate you taking the time to do a video...it shortens the time for when us guys want to change the filter i'm sure. Question...do you notice any difference in the performance of the motor because of the DNA filter over the stock filter?..does your bike respond better on acceleration maybe?..just interested ...thanx.
it'll be a while before I can test that out. Middle of winter here in NJ, USA. I did run the adaption sequence to let the bike "learn" the new airflow (at idle anyway). My guess is probably no real noticeable difference without tuning it further.

What I do appreciate about DNA other than the quality of their products, is they don't claim any implied HP gains like some other manufacturers. They give you the difference in airflow as measured on their bench compared to OEM.

it'll be a while before I can test that out. Middle of winter here in NJ, USA. I did run the adaption sequence to let the bike "learn" the new airflow (at idle anyway). My guess is probably no real noticeable difference without tuning it further.
Thanx...i'm thinking it will probably make some difference...K&N's on the previous model Rockets did as did Ramair filters...i know K&N filters on the Thunderbird also makes a difference so a filter that allows cleaner more efficient air into the throttle bodies is a no brainer for me..

DNA arrived today, took about 1.25 hours , got interrupted twice. Replaced corroded rear tank bolt with ARP stainless fastner. 30K TFC with a non-plated cheap ass bolt???
My advice when removing OEM filter is to leave it up in frame cavity until you remove bottom cover. When installing, place new filter into upper cavity first then install bottom cover, this will keep you from having to go to confession.

Attachments

• 20220127_150602.jpg
    20220127_150602.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220127_153955.jpg
    20220127_153955.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 78
Increasing airflow is easy - I'd like to see the data (independently verified) on the level of particulate filtration. Without a substantial increase in surface area, you can not maintain yet alone improve the cleanliness of the air.

FWIW, in a previous life I had access to pharmaceutical clean room grade equipment and a little test I did with a K&N vs stock paper filter showed the K&N let a LOT more particulates through.
Not unlike what this video found too:

Thanx...i'm thinking it will probably make some difference...K&N's on the previous model Rockets did as did Ramair filters...i know K&N filters on the Thunderbird also makes a difference so a filter that allows cleaner more efficient air into the throttle bodies is a no brainer for me..
DNA arrived today, took about 1.25 hours , got interrupted twice. Replaced corroded rear tank bolt with ARP stainless fastner. 30K TFC with a non-plated cheap ass bolt???
My advice when removing OEM filter is to leave it up in frame cavity until you remove bottom cover. When installing, place new filter into upper cavity first then install bottom cover, this will keep you from having to go to confession.
Those were my findings as well. Holding the filter up in the chamber while slotting the tabs of the tray through gaps in the rail (that you can’t really see but you can feel) and then sliding it left seemed to work for me. Poor diagram but kind of like this:

I just took my tank bolt and hit it with some PB blaster and threw it in a drill and cleaned with sandpaper. Then greased the hell out of it and the tube before reinstalling. But yeah no excuse for that bolt to be as corroded as it was.

Attachments

• 008F4E34-B97A-4937-9122-A1D1047CBCB8.jpeg
    008F4E34-B97A-4937-9122-A1D1047CBCB8.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 75
Back