Air Filter Change

well you dont really if youre careful how you lift the tank....if youre like me however, and lift the tank even tho there is resistance then i guess something will pop..
I lifted the tank maybe 2 inches before the evap line snapped. That is absurd, but it was indeed dry-rotted. Replaced it with a higher quality rubber. And with the battery disconnect switch that is required by the bikes in NA, it makes it nearly impossible to get any larger fingers in to unclip the ****ed fuel line disconnect. There's literally a ****ing panel blocking you from getting to it that you can't just remove without removing the plenum chamber.

i took the side panel off...the one with the oil filler cap on it...so i could get my fingers in there...in the end i bought a pair of pliers made for the job so next time it will be easier.

i took the side panel off...the one with the oil filler cap on it...so i could get my fingers in there...in the end i bought a pair of pliers made for the job so next time it will be easier.
Yea me too, but the US version of the bike has the battery disconnect switch still blocking the way. I'm not sure if NZ has the same thing.

Attachments

• IMG23123.jpg
    IMG23123.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 39
Just did this one myself, **** this was an absolute pain in the ass. Trying to get the air cleaner back in was the worst. There is a small gap where the clip slots in towards the front of the bike. I ended up filing the clips on the air cleaner holder down to a wedge that made the insertion 10 times easier.

Just did this one myself, **** this was an absolute pain in the ass. Trying to get the air cleaner back in was the worst. There is a small gap where the clip slots in towards the front of the bike. I ended up filing the clips on the air cleaner holder down to a wedge that made the insertion 10 times easier.
lool, its easiest job ever, not sure where are you having hard time.

Friends, after I install the DNA filter, I have to reset something on the bike? using Tuneecu or the bike adapts to the new filter!

friends, after days I managed to change the air filter, I spent silicone grease on the filter cover guides, ungrateful place where this filter is, doing maintenance on this washable filter is crazy !!!

Attachments

• Tampa do Filtro de Ar.png
    Tampa do Filtro de Ar.png
    634.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 39
Back