Well I'm really torn between the D&D's and the Raask.

The D&D's show a reasonable dyno increase in HP and TQ, but I suspect any freer flowing muffler with the cats deleted would show the same. Those numbers are also achieved with a K&N (questionable value) and the richer tune from Triumph. One plus for D&D is they are located in Texas, not that far from me if any issues were to develop.

I suspect the Raask set would yield similar power increases, but it doesn't sound like they have dynoed them. I like the exclusivity factor of the Raask and from what I've read elsewhere, they're build quality seems to be very good.

Both have answered numerous email inquiries, in the case of Raask, the owner himself answered my emails within a half hour. At D&D one of the engineers was equally responsive. The look of the two is quite different, but I don't dislike either. And after all, we're talking exhaust tips, not something I spend much time looking at. One nice thing about the Raask is the luggage mounting bracket is bolted on rather than welded to the muffler. If for whatever reason one wanted to fully remove the bags, that would allow for a much cleaner look with all bracketry removed.

The Raask set is about $70 more, but the price included shipping. That makes it just about a wash.

If anyone has any experience with either company, positive or negative, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Otherwise, I'll probably just flip a coin and spend some more of my retirement savings.

Anyone emailed Jardine yet? How about if any of the HD slip ons will work?

I think I emailed Jardine a few months back. I can't find that I got a response, if I did, they didn't commit to any schedule for release.

HD slip-ons won't work since the mounting bracket for the luggage has to be incorporated.

I had sent a not to Jardine right after I purchased my R3T at the end of April. A few weeks later in mid May, I received the following (which was also posted by another):
----------
We do not have a system as of yet for the touring model. We have brought the bike in and prototyped it, however they are not in production yet. It will still be a few months before we have anything available.

Thank you,

Ashley Webb
Jardine Performance Products
1180 W. Railroad St.
Corona, CA 92882
(951) 739-5900 ext. 220
awebb@jardineproducts.com
----------

With the announcement of D&D recently through newR3.com, I sent another inquiry to Jardine asking for any progress update on their R3T solution. I also asked if they were prepared to provide any information about what they are doing that might be different than others.

I had a chance to talk to the head of service at my dealer this morning about his view of Jardine versus other manufacturers especially for a Rocket III solution. He was very favorable on the Jardine solutions for other bikes including the original R3. His is only one view, but I can say that he has continued to earn my respect over the past 5 years that I have been working with this dealer.

I am sure there are other opinions....more than anything, I am hopeful that we will have a few different solutions for the R3T very soon from which to choose.

Steven

I'm looking into a set of RAASKS, waiting for the Australian dealer to give me a price, got an answer from Raask re tune and filters, they said to see a Triumph dealer for the tune(not real confident in that!!!) and no filters needed.
cheers, Dave

Raask Headers

Took a trip to their home page for a look see. I was not impressed at all by their construction or layout. The 3 into 1 collector really looks inefficent with one pipe going straight in and the others angled. Don't mention equall length, Hombre would have a good laugh at these compared to his setup.

Just my 2 cents, still looking for a good 3 to 1 header/system

Well I decided to order the Raask slip-ons. Sent an email to the distributor to confirm price and ask specifics about ordering and got some bad news. The price quoted earlier as 'including shipping' was wrong. The price of $695 is correct, but shipping is an additional $190!!!

So, now we're looking at $885 for a set of mufflers. Guessing the shipping on a set of D&Ds will be around $40 (hopefully less) that is over a $200 premium for the Raask. For me, that's pretty hard to justify.

As to Jardine, I got the following from them yesterday.
Yes we are working on an exhaust for the touring model. It will be very similar in looks and style to the system we offer now. It will be a full system only.

I suspect you're right about the Jardines. But, all I really want at this point is a set of slip-ons. Perhaps down the road when some tunes are more fully developed, and if I find I still want more from the Tourer I may see if Sam can fashion a set of Predators.

I called Pipe City, since they're in the neighborhood here and got a quote of $550 for the D&D's. Placed an order, should have them in a couple of weeks.

Back