Tombstone

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 R3T
Hello everyone,
Bike sat for a bit over winter and I had to hook it to the tender to jump it. First ride out I had zero rear brake unless I pumped it several times. I bled the rear and in doing so noticed that pressing the rear brake didn’t even activate the brake light, whereas the front did. Suggestions?

This is one that requires starting at the brake pedal and checking the entire system. Since it's a simple system with few components it should be easy to locate the fault.

Thanks for the feedback; should be light out soon and I’ll go look at it again. It does have ABS.

AD997A4B-79FC-4A7A-BB44-B49C2FF96652.jpeg

Update: As embarrassing as it is to admit, I did not realize there was a separate reservoir behind the brake pedal. As I’ve been bleeding for a while and watching the cylinder on the handlebars...it was unsurprisingly empty by the time I discovered it. Topped it off and now getting good bubbles out of the bleeder valve...going to take a while now but at least it’s a move in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully there's no air going up to the ABS pump, but if there is, it requires a way to activate the pump to bleed it.

Hopefully there's no air going up to the ABS pump, but if there is, it requires a way to activate the pump to bleed it.
Indeed. I’ve heard some say you need a dealer tool and/or tune boy. Others say do some hard stops and force the ABS to cycle. Obviously I’m clueless so will have to find out.
The Rocket was a big step up from my little Vulcan and it teaches me new things every day!

Back