I emailed D&D to inquire about the dyno numbers. According to their engineer, their numbers are accurate and attributes the differences as follows:

Triumph uses DIN correction factors which is a European standard and differs from the SAE corrections used in the US. I have seen Dyno-Jet numbers in the mid 80's for the same motorcycle. The thing to remember is that most dynos read a little different (This is because of dyno locations, drum weight differences, type of eddy brake being used, type of fuel in the bike, etc.

Also of interest, D&D retains the catalytic converters in their pipes. It was my understanding that the Triumph Accessory mufflers deleted the cats. Curious that D&D states that their pipes require the Triumph Accessory muffler tune and also recommend a K&N air filter. I guess you have to assume they feel they achieved a comparable increase in flow with their mufflers equal to Triumph's removal of the cats in their Accessory mufflers.
I bet they KNOW how important back pressure is to torque.

Well I decided to order the Raask slip-ons. Sent an email to the distributor to confirm price and ask specifics about ordering and got some bad news. The price quoted earlier as 'including shipping' was wrong. The price of $695 is correct, but shipping is an additional $190!!!

So, now we're looking at $885 for a set of mufflers. Guessing the shipping on a set of D&Ds will be around $40 (hopefully less) that is over a $200 premium for the Raask. For me, that's pretty hard to justify.

As to Jardine, I got the following from them yesterday.
Yes we are working on an exhaust for the touring model. It will be very similar in looks and style to the system we offer now. It will be a full system only.
Eghads! You could design build and chrome your own for that.

Last edited:
Looks like D&D offers a set for the touring.

Link Removed

Link Removed
They do and they’re awesome. I had to take the strait pipes off for ringing in the ears after riding and the stocks really cut power, got the d and d’s and she’s back to a roxket

Back