Roger

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket 3 Touring,
Hi guys. I had joined and posted last year when I was going to look at a Rocket 3 Touring. Was asking for advice of what to look for, problem areas, etc. I have made a few post along the way but not much.

I'm getting bike ready for spring and have a question.

When I purchased my bike, the guy gave me what looked like a catalytic converter. From my research its called a collector pipe or collector center. Anyway, mine is no longer installed. It also has TORS installed.

Can someone explain why the collector center is removed and what are the advantages or disadvantages?

Sorry for my ignorance but I am just trying to get to know my bike.

It is a performance tick box to remove it.

Basically it acts like a y pipe to split the exhaust to the dual cans. Along the way it slows the flow and changes the sound a little.

With it removed and a good crossover installed you will gain some noise and a few HP/TQ

It is a performance tick box to remove it.

Basically it acts like a y pipe to split the exhaust to the dual cans. Along the way it slows the flow and changes the sound a little.

With it removed and a good crossover installed you will gain some noise and a few HP/TQ

Thanks a bunch. Not sure if anything else was done or not.

I do plan on trying the a new tune that I seen posted on here.

When I purchased my bike, the guy gave me what looked like a catalytic converter. From my research its called a collector pipe or collector center. Anyway, mine is no longer installed. It also has TORS installed.

On a Touring it's just an empty box. The actual cats are in mufflers.

Back