Just ordered my set -- they wait 'til the end to add shipping, which came as a surprise - though at $4.00 is about as reasonable as can be and still be charged.

What a great idea and find.

I'll be putting the thick chrome embellisher on my oil tank, so the 2300 will be great on the panels.

Sounds good! Please post a picture when your done. I'd like to see that.

Yep, helps to have a bit of a thick skin here -- thought your description and link are Goldilocks right, and you could well have let pass a rhetorical superfluous question.

Yep, helps to have a bit of a thick skin here -- thought your description and link are Goldilocks right, and you could well have let pass a rhetorical superfluous question.

And you could probably have let my response pass rather than delete it. BTW, it wasn't a question I was responding to nor was it superfluous. I really wanted to know what I might have left out in my answers. My skin is as thick as a rhino's but it's a bit frustrating when all the information needed to do exactly what I did was in the very first post. All someone had to do was read it.

Assuming you are a moderator here, I hope you don't delete every message you don't like. My response wasn't insulting or profane. I really just wanted to know what, if any, questions I hadn't answered. If I got a response asking me to give more information that I hadn't already given, I would have given it but now I won't know.

I think I can safely assume this post will be deleted. If that's the case, you might want to delete your last post too because it won't make any sense without my message that it was in response to. It'll just dangle there.

Yeah, Zone, it's all good. There were misunderstandings on both sides here. I appreciate the details. Thanks again.

I have a 2015 Rocket III Touring. I wanted an emblem for the side covers that says "2300 CC." They used to have an emblem on some early models but I couldn't find one for sale. I've read posts where others have wanted such an emblem too. I can't count the number of times people have asked me what size the engine is and they have a look of total disbelief when I tell them. This is especially true with HD riders who assume their engines.must be bigger. (Yeah, I know. This is an ego thing. ;-)

Anyway, I checked out chrome lettering and found something I really like. There are many online seller that sell automotive-grade lettering and emblems but I ended up with letters from this place because they had the leter size I wanted.

Custom Emblems, Chrome Emblems and Auto Badges | EmblemArt | No Minimum Order

I ordered their domed small letters that are .81" high. If you decide to do this, be careful what size you order. Even a slight difference in letter height can make a huge difference in the overall size of of the letter string when it's mounted. Even the 1" high letters were too big. 1.2" is another common size and it was WAY too big but I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't done the following: I copied the letter string from the website and and sized them in Photoshop so they printed out at life size to see how they would look on the cases. Unfortunately, the above website's tool that shows you how they will look, spaces them in blocks unlike some websites that show you exactly how they will look. No problem, though. I just printed them out and then cut and taped them together in the spacing I wanted and then held it up against the cases to find where I wanted to mount them. Then I blocked out a rectangular strip on the side cases to help align them when I stuck them on. Be sure to clean that area with alcohol before mounting them. Also, be sure that if you put them on the cases that you don't put them so they will be covered by the passenger footrests when they are up.

Anyway, I'm really happy with how they came out. I like them better than the original emblem that early Rockets had. They may even wipe the smirk of some HD riders faces. ;-) (BTW, I've owned HDs and I like them.)

I just got my set. Thanks for the info and ideas!
BTW--- The guys that make these are only about 5 or 6 miles from where I live! I did not realize that till I ordered them online. I could have gone right there and picked them up.

Just a simple question, but you said the H word a couple times. Why did you choose to do 2300 cc instead of 140 CI? You are making them poor guys do math.
I would personally go for 2.3L
Two reasons, I'm cheap and it's probably cheaper. Second is it's easier to line up! :D

On a serious note, I like it! Good job

Although I've had my numbers on for a couple of months, thought I'd post a few pics for those still interested...

IMG_0830.JPG IMG_0832.JPG IMG_0833.JPG IMG_0834.JPG IMG_0835.JPG IMG_0836.JPG

I laid the numbers out before removing the back. Once stuck, they are unmovable.

Very cool. I think I want to get a set that says "140 CI SIX" so that I can watch people walking around the bike trying to find the other three exhaust headers. I had my Touring only one day a couple of weeks ago and some fool walked around it and asked me if it was a six cylinder.

I'd forgotten how many times I was asked that when I had my 07 Classic.

Back