So you purchased these as individual letters? They did not come in a strip ready to apply all at once?

I'm going to try to ask my question from the previous post in a different way.

If I want this same exact emblem for my bike, exactly what information do I need to give that company so that they will send me exactly the same emblem that you have on your bike?

The letters come individually. I believe I linked the company that sells them above and mentioned which letters I ordered. If not, here's a link to the very page with these letters. If you type in the blanks at the top, it gives you a preview of how they will look.

Chrome Letters and Numbers - Domed Small | No Minimum Order

You can choose different letters if you like. There are different fonts. But be careful about the size. I almost ordered some taller letters which would have been a big mistake. Luckily, copied them from the site, sized them to life size, cut them out and checked how they would look. Even the letters that were just slightly larger were MUCH larger when strung together and some wouldn't even fit lengthwise on the case!

BTW, you really don't need to make a cardboard window, of course. Just a "L" shaped piece of cardboard is fine. Tape them to the cases. All it really does is line up the first letter on the left and then keep all of the letters at the exact same level on the bottom. This isn't rocket science. You just order the numbers and letters, figure out where you want them, device something to tape on each case as a guide (I used cardboard) in the same place on each side, and stick them on. Nothing to it.

Just ordered my set -- they wait 'til the end to add shipping, which came as a surprise - though at $4.00 is about as reasonable as can be and still be charged.

What a great idea and find.

I'll be putting the thick chrome embellisher on my oil tank, so the 2300 will be great on the panels.

The letters come individually. I believe I linked the company that sells them above and mentioned which letters I ordered. If not, here's a link to the very page with these letters. If you type in the blanks at the top, it gives you a preview of how they will look.

Chrome Letters and Numbers - Domed Small | No Minimum Order

You can choose different letters if you like. There are different fonts. But be careful about the size. I almost ordered some taller letters which would have been a big mistake. Luckily, copied them from the site, sized them to life size, cut them out and checked how they would look. Even the letters that were just slightly larger were MUCH larger when strung together and some wouldn't even fit lengthwise on the case!

BTW, you really don't need to make a cardboard window, of course. Just a "L" shaped piece of cardboard is fine. Tape them to the cases. All it really does is line up the first letter on the left and then keep all of the letters at the exact same level on the bottom. This isn't rocket science. You just order the numbers and letters, figure out where you want them, device something to tape on each case as a guide (I used cardboard) in the same place on each side, and stick them on. Nothing to it.
LOL you still did not answer his question.

Actually, the page he linked in his recent post has all the necessary information.

Thank you, ZONE III!

You also stated, "This isn't rocket science."

I disagree.

That's exactly what this is -- Rocket science! :thumbsup:

LOL you still did not answer his question.

Here's the question:

"I'd like the exact thing you have posted here. I got the .81 height. What other info do I need to get the same results? I.e. font, spacing, etc."

In my posts I showed where to get the letters, what letters I used (with a link to them), what size to get, and details on how I spaced and installed the letters. And when he said, "I got the .81 height," I thought he was saying he had already purchased them. I gave links to exactly the letters I used. In my very first post, I gave a link to the site where I bought them and mentioned which letters I bought. In response to his question, I went further and gave a link to the exact letters."

What question didn't I answer? I really don't know what more I could say. At this point, I almost regret even mentioning this whole thing. :)

As a retired engineer who has done quite a bit of technical writing in my time, I tend to, if anything, be more detailed that necessary when I describe something, as I'm doing right here! :) . All the information needed to do exactly what I did was contained in my very first post. Even so, I repeated that information.

Last edited:
Back