Don’t order the quick release pins from West Marine, I’ve been through several of them, they don’t hold up, the little balls fall out. I ordered a different brand and type today, we will see how they hold up.

Item # LBT-SS3104, Ball Locking T-Handles - 304 Stainless Steel On Monroe Engineering Products

yes, I have had several pins fail on me too. Wasn’t worth it to keep visiting West Marine (returned a couple under warranty) so I went back to the M8 lag bolts. @Mad Dog , please share your experience with the new brand trial pins. Hope they work out better.

Thumb-screws.JPG

Yup on both counts, and what they want for those things is ridiculous. I’ll let you know if the new ones hold.

None of mine failed, I don't think, but I couldn't find the order confirmation email I usually save. I think they were fine for a year. But since I removed all the bag and passenger stuff, and did high speed runs, I noticed two were missing, different vibration, maybe? I got two full sets for less than $20, just shopping around on the internet. I think the fit is just too loose, but I only found the same two sizes @Mad Dog did.

Back