2011 R3T stock Silencers Cats or No Cats

cusso ken

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 touring
G'day Fellers I am asking if any one can tell me if the stock 2011 R3T Silencers (cans) hold the Cats or is the Cat in the cross over section ,I have ordered a set of Tors from triumph and wonder if they have cats built into them ,looking up the pipes you cannot see a bloody thing ,and it's only about 25mm diameter you would wonder how they run at all.

Oh it's a Classic. Put it under your avatar!!!:mad: Jeez how many times.........

On the Standard/Classic models, the cat is in the crossover. Neither the stock pipes nor TORs have cats. If you want to get rid of the cat on your bike you need a new crossover pipe or "cat delete" - Triumph do one and so do Staintune.

Originally I modified the stock ' catalytic converter ... cat ' .. split it open and removed a couple of the plates and used a hole-saw through the other plates. Also removed the baffle and fibreglass packing in the stock mufflers. Was happy with the improved grunt and sound. I was told by an exhaust builder it would scavenge better than the Triumph spaghetti crossover. Being up in Darwin you had to make do ..;) Triumph crossover and TORS were $2,000 + back then.

[
On the Touring, cats are in the stock pipes, TORs have no cats and the crossover is more or less empty.

Thanks Mate that's good when I upgrade the headers it will flow nicely .Sports Cycles at Belmont NSW are going to reset the ECU or what ever to match the Tors and Dyno test ,they reckon it should make a noticeable difference to the stock Tourings performance, I will post the results for anyone with a touring that is interested,I will keep the stock cans if rego checks involve doing emission testing only a quick change over. Cheers

Originally I modified the stock ' catalytic converter ... cat ' .. split it open and removed a couple of the plates and used a hole-saw through the other plates. Also removed the baffle and fibreglass packing in the stock mufflers. Was happy with the improved grunt and sound. I was told by an exhaust builder it would scavenge better than the Triumph spaghetti crossover. Being up in Darwin you had to make do ..;) Triumph crossover and TORS were $2,000 + back then.

Thanks to Mike188's advice I got a set of Tors from triumph Australia web site delivered for $405 a bargain I think.

Back