You know you want that solid transmission with sixth gear upgrade . . .

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
We have four captains who have said "Yes", and need another eight -- just eight -- to ante up.

Higher speed for the Roadsters.

Reduced RPM and easier cruising for the Tourings.

2.5L Rocket Stroker Engine Kit with 6 Speed Transmission (R&D)

Take a look if you haven't in a while, and cheer Arto on, and join us to make this happen.

Last edited:
I've considered it. But when you look at 750 plus shipping to have your transmission under cutt and a billet 4th gear added. I'm thinking the price is to steep for the add on. Then there the experimental tuning and the extra electronics needed for it. IMO if one thinks you're going to have tune ecu add 6th to the high gear cells on the map and thats all then I'm going to have to disagree considering the lean fueling on the ecu map rob found in 5th gear. With the lower rpms and higher load I suspect you will be adding power commanders timing control module and a well versed tuner in tune by gear.

Now I like it in theroy. But the money one waste on a extra gear they don't need vould be better spent on horspower or actually putting some miles on you bike!!!!! Other wise sure it runs at a lower rpm on the highway. Look at the odometer reading. If its under 20,000 miles your bike is 2017 or older. Your not riding enough to even put it in 6th gear to get your money savings out of it. Again 6 speed or piston and cams, or blower kit or the stroker kit? Which three will increase your smile per mile?

Yeah, I just can't see putting that much money into a bike that Triumph really no longer supports and isn't something that you will be able to keep running for years and years. Too many electronics and plastics in modern bikes and cars. A model T 100 years later you can restore, anything you can't find you can probably make, could you restore a 2019 vehicle 100 years later? Not very easily. My CPS is a good example, if I can't find one, what then? How could you work around something like that?

Yeah, I just can't see putting that much money into a bike that Triumph really no longer supports and isn't something that you will be able to keep running for years and years. Too many electronics and plastics in modern bikes and cars. A model T 100 years later you can restore, anything you can't find you can probably make, could you restore a 2019 vehicle 100 years later? Not very easily. My CPS is a good example, if I can't find one, what then? How could you work around something like that?
Ya and at the speeds a Rocket can go now the higher dpeed for the roadster sounds like a crock what with the roadster limited to 239 mph I really need to die faster :) I realise some of the tunes are only 299kph verses my 1000kph setting but so if you can hit 299 kph on a roadster or a tournling (laughing my arse off on the touring) do you need more ????
Have you ever felt the 10 psi rush. Cause I'm telling you boost is better if you have the money to piss away :D

And as far as the Touring IDK of anyone that didn't find it unstable up above 120 or 130 mph, I've never been able to wind even 3rd gear all the way out.

And as far as the Touring IDK of anyone that didn't find it unstable up above 120 or 130 mph, I've never been able to wind even 3rd gear all the way out.
Ya I think the best thing for a turding is to either instal standard real rocket fotks 2orked over of course. Then see if you have to go double or single head lights. Or well its good life support for a spare engine. Sorry for being realistic:D

I need that 6th gear, I'm forever hooking up to another gear that's not there :confused:
I would do this every time I'm out riding, which I do a lot.

My thoughts exactly.

In this case, my friend @warp9.9 - those who are not doing it should step aside for those who are - as you so often demonstrate with all the wonderful things you do.

I need that 6th gear, I'm forever hooking up to another gear that's not there :confused:
I would do this every time I'm out riding, which I do a lot.

I do that too, but I have only myself to blame, at 80 mph I'm only at 33% of my limiter. The loud pipes exacerbated it, too. I just agree that the cost/ benefit ratio doesn't seem worth it. Triumph should have done it, to me, my Rocket is basically a giant naked 70s bike, as far as technology goes.

Back