Wow how theRocket Handles

I appreciate all of this info. I know that, when in the rain, I am much more cautious when going through curves. It appears that my fear of losing traction in the rain is maybe a little over blown. Now this does not mean I am going to "hoon it" in the rain, but it does mean I can relax a little bit because I probably have more traction available to me than I previously thought. Since I live in Florida and am a daily rider, I will have plenty of opportunity to "gently" explore where my traction limits are in the rain.

I appreciate all of this info. I know that, when in the rain, I am much more cautious when going through curves. It appears that my fear of losing traction in the rain is maybe a little over blown.
It depends to no small extent how much diesel is on the surface. I have managed to drift both ends of my R3.

I appreciate all of this info. I know that, when in the rain, I am much more cautious when going through curves. It appears that my fear of losing traction in the rain is maybe a little over blown. Now this does not mean I am going to "hoon it" in the rain, but it does mean I can relax a little bit because I probably have more traction available to me than I previously thought. Since I live in Florida and am a daily rider, I will have plenty of opportunity to "gently" explore where my traction limits are in the rain.

Agreed!
I also slow considerably in the wet and do not believe they are anyway near a .9 friction value as stated in that video.
Our public roads have many irregularities in surface condition as well as minor dips that compress and release suspension, changing ground clearance.
Then there is the center oil strip and slippery center and fog lines . . . Can you hear my cluck, cluck, cluck?

Wait, somethings wrong here. The extreme angle you drew doesn't nearly match the picture I have in my head when the peg balls on my roadster just start to drag. I mean at that point the handlebar grips are mere inches from the pavement too, right? I mean, well, aren't they? ;)

I forgot if you said you were coming to Maggie Valley, but if so I'd sure like to follow you on a ride. You can have coffee while I catch up.

Good video. What I take away from all this is that in ideal conditions with good tires you can safely lean at least to where the pegs start scraping, even using @1olbull 's more conservative friction factor (I'm going with that- our roads here are definitely not ideal). This matches my instinct, but I have to say that when the pegs drag it is not music to my ears. My fears are gravel, a random oil spot, or getting too far beyond that lean angle where, as he mentioned, the dragging metal can start to lift the tire.

Remember, my Standard boards are higher off the pavement than the OEM pegs of a R3R and allow for increased lean angle.
Stand yours upright, measure the ground to bottom peg and the outboard distance from center rear tire to outside of your feeler.
Tell me which rear tire you run and I'll adjust my diagram.

Just to clarify, in that video he stated that the standard of 1.0 dry 0.9 wet was for a bike that could lean to about 45° degrees. Setting up a spectrum. 32° being the lowest with the least ability. Meaning 10% loss in the wet condition of something less then 1.0gs, proportional to the lean angle.

He in no way takes into account ridding strategy.

Now if someone can figure our lean angle I'd be ecstatic.

Back