Wow how theRocket Handles

Rocket

Freak, I like the way you put it. Baggagel how sharp are these cornners that your taking at 70mph? Are they soft turns? Or sharp because if there sharp I don't thing I'll go that fast for the fear of being part of the pavement.

Cane & Any others interested,
FYI - This cannot really be a sharp curve if you can do it at 70 mph.
Example - The Critical speed formula to determine the maximum speed for a given curve radius is Cs=Sqrt/15xRx(f+-m).
Cs = Critical speed
Sqrt/ = square root symbol
15 = the constant
R = radius of curve
f = friction value
m = slope in direction of sideslip

To keep it simple, consider: a level flat road surface (no slope or super elevation) with an average friction value of .75g
To determine is the minimum (sharpest) radius your motor could do at a maximum of 70 mph.
re iterate the formula to solve for Radius (R=Cs squared / 15Xf) = 435 feet.

Also important is what your lean angle would be at 70 mph in a 435 foot radius curve?
A = Ssquared / 15XR where A is the tangent of your lean angle, S is your Speed, 15 is the constant and R is your radius.
A = .750957854 and the reverse tangent of that is 37°.

Can your motor do this lean angle?
Most important is can YOU do this?
For perspective, I have attached is a scale diagram of a 435 radius compared to a Harley Ultra Classic and of a 37° lean angle.

Example.jpg

Rocket

Freak, I like the way you put it. Baggagel how sharp are these cornners that your taking at 70mph? Are they soft turns? Or sharp because if there sharp I don't thing I'll go that fast for the fear of being part of the pavement.

Baggage1 lives in Florida so they ain't really curves therr:D:whitstling:

Took a couple of curves today at 80mph and they were very slight.

To a few others at 70 and man oh man do the pannier bags really upset the balance of the beast.

@ozrider I will get the support rails weld to the quick release brackets once I'm back home. My leatherlik panniers never gave me the feeling I'm having now.

The Rocket handles very well for a big, heavy cruiser. No more, no less. Try to make is more than that, and you will end up like a lawn dart on the side of the road.

Back