Who Has Used Tall K and N Filters Without Bearclaw?

Old N' Grumpy

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Triumph R3R & 2005 Harley FatBoy
I think the no bearclaw with triple K and N's looks really cool. Before I do it I would like some feedback on if it interferes with your leg and filter part #'s if you have them. Any other potential problems that I may have missed too. Thanks...Grumpy.

Last edited:
K&N RX 4040 works well. I haven't noticed any problems with my knee hitting.
I do prefer to trim the bearclaw.
20151009_180456.jpg

Last edited:
Holds my left leg out an inch or so, but muscle memory adapts right away, I don't consider it a problem. Bob Carpenter had never seen my setup before, he liked it, said it was one of the few he's seen that weren't too restrictive for his package. Mine are 1770s, no way you could keep a bearclaw.

1770s on a Touring

Holds my left leg out an inch or so, but muscle memory adapts right away, I don't consider it a problem. Bob Carpenter had never seen my setup before, he liked it, said it was one of the few he's seen that weren't too restrictive for his package. Mine are 1770s, no way you could keep a bearclaw.

1770s on a Touring

Don't know squat about the touring model, is your bearclaw different? Your filters look more straight out then @Steel s does.

Last edited:
K&N RX 4040-1 works well. I haven't noticed any problems with my knee hitting.
I do prefer to trim the bearclaw.
20151009_180456.jpg
Sorry Scot I just corrected for part number purposes as OP asked for part numbers, I run these as well and love them you just rest your knee against them and you will be used to them in no time at All

That last filter doesn't sit like the rest due to the curvature of the bearclaw, correct?
And its completely untrimmed, correct? Looks badass:thumbsup:
The whole bearclaw has to be trimmed, and it curves down at the back so a little extra trimming is needed.

Sorry Scot I just corrected for part number purposes as OP asked for part numbers, I run these as well and love them you just rest your knee against them and you will be used to them in no time at All

Oops. Thanks Hans. I did go and edit post.

Back