Starter solenoid and negative battery connection

Hooleymyster

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph rocket 3
Hello, just rebuilding and have a query about a couple of wires before connecting. For the starter solenoid wire from the starter, does this go in to the connector just in front of the air box. Also the tag on the negative from the battery, does this go to just near the reg/ rec unit on the left of the battery?. Any advice or photos appreciated of the connections, Many thanks

Hello, just rebuilding and have a query about a couple of wires before connecting. For the starter solenoid wire from the starter, does this go in to the connector just in front of the air box. Also the tag on the negative from the battery, does this go to just near the reg/ rec unit on the left of the battery?. Any advice or photos appreciated of the connections, Many thanks

My phone does not give me thr type of rocket you have
The starterr solenoid wire goes to the starter relay terminal 87 On the older ones it is on the right side beside the flasher relay.
Don't have a clue as to what a tag is
But the negative cable runs from negative batt post to the middle back of the engine just beside of the starter there is an extra wire from the negative batt to the left side of bike with a connector/splice then on to the the bikes negative wires. This connector can cause a lot of problems if it is bad.
This advice is not for the tourings or for the new models

yes to both questions

Many thanks, it’s a 2014 roadster. I have the wiring diagram showing it going to 86 but there was a connection on the end and not the length to go back

Back