canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
Does anyone know part number for the starter for the the teeth chuck thing it's gotten a little chewed up in the past so it's not engaging all the time .
So looking for a new one and apparently because I changed to that Toyota car starter the numbers don't match up.
So don't know the part number ?
Or does any one have one for a 05 Classic or know where I can get this part?
He suggested that maybe I can file the teeth but will be better if I can buy a new one.

When you change to the Toyota starter system rhen you have to use the front of the oignal starter.
So you will have to use/find the starter for a rocket.
First place might be pinwall recycling
New one from triumph, you will need to sell a kidney.

yes it seems most likely that was the problem all the time that the teeth was worn funny no one now I had all my surgery and had this other guy notice. My dealership says I can't buy that part separately that I need to buy a new starter $1,200 . Unless I can find a used one and use that part. Hope some one here has a old one laying around that the teeth gear think is good. My mechanic says he might be able to file it to make it work better. But would rather see if I can locate that part.

yes it seems most likely that was the problem all the time that the teeth was worn funny no one now I had all my surgery and had this other guy notice. My dealership says I can't buy that part separately that I need to buy a new starter $1,200 . Unless I can find a used one and use that part. Hope some one here has a old one laying around that the teeth gear think is good. My mechanic says he might be able to file it to make it work better. But would rather see if I can locate that part.

it might be the one way system (i call it the bendix) messing up
if the started revs then catches is a good sign that the bendix is bad

Thanks Guurr , I never had problems before using this sight but ever time it changes I have more difficult. And go on less .
Anyhow Thanks I will try again.

Well bike was running great.
Now it decided to do the same clicking again but a different problem high beam lights stay on and head lights won't go on .
And same stupid clicking noise some times will start first try or sometimes 12 times before she starts.
And when it starts high beam light is on and head lights don't turn on.
I thought I'll be smart and pull high beam fuse and bike won't start so I put fuse back in get it started then pull the high beam fuse and bike still runs. Gurrr same clicking noise when pushing the button to start until she starts. :(
All these years no problems now I'm getting really upset.:(

Back