Who does chrome?

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
I'm looking for someone to chrome my new bars and engine guards. The local guy says he doesn't chrome bike parts.

Chrome plating is getting ever more difficult and expensive to find given the highly toxic/environmentally unfriendly chemicals involved and resultant ratcheting tighter regulations at the Federal and local levels.

I would think being where you are -- that would be a more promising place to look.

Chrome plating is getting ever more difficult and expensive to find given the highly toxic/environmentally unfriendly chemicals involved and resultant ratcheting tighter regulations at the Federal and local levels.

I would think being where you are -- that would be a more promising place to look.

It sure is Paul. I was having some pieces chromed locally a few years ago and told the owner I didn't understand the process and never been to a chrome shop. He took me for a tour and I thought I'd walked into a toxic waste dump. I stopped by a year later and he had cancer all through his body and all over his skin. He was really a nice guy it it was hard to see him like that. He thought it was from working with that stuff all those years, which was probably true.

He died a short time later and when I drove by and saw the county and state environmental guys there stopped to talk to them. They were in the process of hauling off the chemicals and tanks and said it was a real toxic mess.

For those in the Pacific Northwest, Art Brass in south Seattle is excellent and reasonable.

Revisiting this thread. Any chromers in the VA/MD/DC area? The few I contacted said they only do industrial jobs.

Back