Rocket3Pilot

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket III Roadster
So I was getting a solid 38mpg, and sometimes 40mpg with stock 2013 Roadster.

I added Ramair, headers, and TOR's and now I really have to baby it to get 30mpg, and typically it's 26 to 28mpg!:eek: Can I do any better?

I realize that to make more HP it takes more gas but this seems pretty extreme to me and would like to know now what is the best I can expect with this combination?

Please list your particular modifications and what MPG you're getting. I think it would be pretty helpful for all of us to know what to expect from different modifications.

Thanks

on picking up my 2005 rocket 3 , i filled the tank to the brim. after 111 miles, the petrol warning light came on:)

I took a 2010 Fatboy Harley and rebuilt it at 55,000 miles. Before the build I got about 45-50 miles to the gallon. After the build I got around 30 to 35 miles per gallon. Pretty extensive build I might add. The Rocket X stays stock. I like the low end and love the way the bike runs. The gas mileage on the Rocket is better than the Harley. Never really checked it out but I do know when I ride the Rocket to work I have a hell of a lot more lunch money left over.:):):):):):):):)

You MPG will depend on a lot of things, such as:

Modifications
Tune
Right hand
Temperature
Altitude
Windshield
Traffic conditions
Country (US gallons are smaller - even in Texas)
etc.

Your best fuel economy will come from gently cruising around at 14,000' on a warm day. Your worst will come from 1/4 mile stretches on cold days, at around sea level.

Last edited:
hi sonny, i got a 1200 harley roadster, but i havent rode it since i got the r3
mpg doesnt really matter, its the feeling that counts lol

hi sonny, i got a 1200 harley roadster, but i havent rode it since i got the r3
mpg doesnt really matter, its the feeling that counts lol
The Harley Fatboy I have is built to the max and chromed out to the max. Bought the Rocket X in Oct and have rode the Harley three times since then. Many of times have walked out the front door Harley keys in hand only to go back inside the house and grab the keys to the Rocket.:D:D:D:D:D

idk
when you say "altitude" , dont you mean "attitude"??lol
No, that comes under "Right hand". :D

At higher altitude there is less air being sucked in and so less fuel is delivered, giving better MPG.

idk
only joking mate, i knew what you meant lol:)

and sonny,,,, i know what you mean, i regularly threaten to take the harley for a spin, but it feels like a moped now lol,,,,no comparison:)

I got a t-shirt that says SKI OKLAHOMA but we do not have much altitude around here, Plenty of attitude to go around.:eek::eek::(:(:(:(:(:inlove

Back