Keep your feet on your pegs!!!!!!

Freightbusters

Supercharged
Well its time to sit instead of ride......with a screwed up foot riding will be in a few weeks.....OUCH!!!!:mad:

We toured up to st Augustine Florida for the 4th
of July to watch fireworks........riding along the Ocean and stopping at Jacks for what I though was a good wing something I had been looking for since moving around this area......watch fireworks then ...began to leave ....the traffic 1 to 2 hour ride out of the city...

Putting feet to pegs....pegs to road ..raad to pegs every 4 feet....uch.....fans running.....thought that I could just let the feet hang.......and hang they did ..rubbing the road surface....then WOW OUCH UMMMMM! saw the action..the cobble stone street ..a rasied brick grabbed my left foot of my left leg ....that was stuck between the pass peg....no where to go but take the foot 90 degree to the left.....OUCH!>>>like those sport injury movies they spring back..could see all this in slow slow motion
UmMMMMM 40 miles from home...shifter foot...
balance ...balance..balance....a long night and a few...ach many drinks......at home to ease the pain ....

Thank God that I wore the Boot that was 4 inchs above the ankle ...a few days now and still puffed up but
could have been a.... xxxx ...day.
several things I have learned

Wear a helmet

Wear boots

Pray alot!:confused:

Then Go like hell on the hell bent ROCKET!!!!!:p

PS all though my riding carreer all the events that have happened are always below 4 miles an hour?????

Ride safe and dont drag your Feet!!!!

Last edited:
Confucious say.............

"He who writes upon these walls, rolls his ****te in little balls....He who reads these lines of wit, eats those little balls of ****te.

That was plain dumb. Add in the booze and I'm surprised you didn't wipe out.

I'm glad you are OK though. Keep your feet on the pegs. That's what they are for.

So sorry to hear you've gotten stoved up on the cobble stones. I imagine they'd be a ***** with a darksider rear skin.

**** it there flipper, I didn't see mention of getting toasted from the fireworks. He said he was up and down during a 2 hour exit; and, then had a pitcher of pain killers:D The lesson to learn is: not all pathways are easy.

What is that Alligator Farm in St. Augustine??
They're said to have over 1500 croks and gators. And a display (stuffed) of some huge/massive reptile, housed in a round building with historical pictures on the walls.

Last edited:
You have got to go south of the fort in St. Augustine, go across the bridge and follow the signs...there are a lot of gators there.
Dennis

You have got to go south of the fort in St. Augustine, go across the bridge and follow the signs...there are a lot of gators there.
Dennis
But what is the name of the place?? And more importantly, what is the name of that massive captive reptile? Is or was? It's still above ground.

Last edited:
Ouch!.. sorry to hear that!

I've managed to scrape the heel of my boot on the road taking some curves. I had was all laid back with my feet hanging over the foot pegs, which I do from time to time, swaying through some corners, and Ooops! Didn't catch anything, but I'll keep my feet up on the pegs now if I plan on doing any leaning.. :)

Sorry I didn't comment on the original purpose of the thread. I can only imagine how that must have felt. I almost did that when I took my first ride on my first Gold Wing from the dealership back in 2003. I was making a sharp u-turn and put my foot down and it almost got caught...I got it out of the way in the nick of time otherwise I would be experiencing what you are.

Hopefully, it will heal fast and you will have acquired some additional rider knowledge that will help you ride safer in the future.

Good luck!!!
Dennis

Last edited:
"He who writes upon these walls, rolls his ****te in little balls....He who reads these lines of wit, eats those little balls of ****te.

That was plain dumb. Add in the booze and I'm surprised you didn't wipe out.

Now flippin be easy on your member..remember to that the rule is one drink per wheel!! ha ha jokin and all that pain med was done after the mishap.....at home with feet up in a verticle position have not moved since!!!!! haha:rolleyes:

Too much time on my hands getting much better but dont like reading about the new V_MAX makes me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Tears Of joy!!!!! Thanks for the concern.Rocket guys are great!

I'm not selling anything. A TENS unit is a marvel and a miraculous device. TENS Unit - What Are TENS Units? It's amazing how much pain is gone in a hurry.

Hey thanks for the loads of tears!!!! or was that the rain outside ha ha:eek: Ach life is just a Rocket a day away!!!

The cost of a TENS unit can range from about $100 to several hundred dollars. TENS units can be purchased or rented. A prescription usually is necessary for insurance reimbursement of a TENS unit.

Interesting that the Brain gets only one pain message at a time so on one hand the bad knee with metal, the arthidic thumbs and and other scratchs do not register.....so maybe I should not complain with the foot....Right! I will not complain....

Man I am ready to go riding .....but I am not happy about this new v-max This is the time to bear arms Nitrous I got the tank How much is one of these V max..the frame must be for mini riders????? not us maxi guys!!!! ha ha:D

Back