What's the deal with Lush Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for
options that make sense for my R3T. I think Carpenter covers those that want to drag race their
R3T's, but I don't. I don't need or want 230 HP. That's not what makes a touring bike great. I'm
looking for an all around drop in cam with broad power, no loss of reliability and I don't want to
have to pull the motor apart for high comp. pistons.

I think you are describing a bone stock Rocket. ;)

Very interesting reading........So jamie...you didnt think it was "interesting" that your tuner suggested a product he sold directly? I get that he didnt know how to use tuneboy but if he is the world class racer/tuner you say then I would think it wouldnt be difficult for him......hell those on this forum use tuneboy and most dont have a lick of experience tuning.....its this forum and comradery of the posters that allow average joe's to tune their bikes and have fun doing it not to mention those in the business of tuning (I.E Lush,Tom and Carpenter) that give their time and expertise, that they dont get paid for, helping others figure out their problems or provide insight on a problem. A big thanks to those that provide helpful information and time to the forum!

mutt

I agree that backhandedly bashing Neville Lush is bad cricket, whether the strike was intended or not.

Might I suggest that you call Bob Carpenter, Rocketour, and since you seem to be capable of a DIY upgrade, see what he might have to offer that will suit your needs.
His engine upgrade kit produce usable power throughout the entire powerband, as our R3s really do not require any additional low end grunt, which, for most riders is simply not usable additional hp or torque over stock.

Between the two shops and experts, I'm certain that you'll find what you are looking for!
Oh, don't get me wrong TriumPhil. I'm no Rocket mechanic. I just have a really cool dealer that would
install the cams for me. I'm thinking about cleaning up the ports and milling the heads with a dropin cam.
I have a good friend who used to build my heads when I roadraced back in the day. He'll do a great job
on the flow bench for me. I will mill the head per PowerTripp's recommendation and the cam. It should
provide great buckets of torque, still be civil - long term and be a hoot to ride. I don't do burnouts or
wheelies or dyno shootouts, so the "230 HP R3T" really isn't for me.
PLUS: I tour two up with my wife and by the time I finish loading up all of her **** on the bike, I will be
pulling a trailer for our actual luggage!
I think you are describing a bone stock Rocket. ;)

I disagree Tripps. Bone stock Rocket is what I got from my dealer. I thinking of a mildly "warmed over"
R3T. My bike weighs 1000 LBS on certified scales! I just want more torque to help this beast move. I just
want to get the best bang for my buck. I have more research to do before I make a choice.

Very interesting reading........So jamie...you didnt think it was "interesting" that your tuner suggested a product he sold directly? I get that he didnt know how to use tuneboy but if he is the world class racer/tuner you say then I would think it wouldnt be difficult for him......hell those on this forum use tuneboy and most dont have a lick of experience tuning.....its this forum and comradery of the posters that allow average joe's to tune their bikes and have fun doing it not to mention those in the business of tuning (I.E Lush,Tom and Carpenter) that give their time and expertise, that they dont get paid for, helping others figure out their problems or provide insight on a problem. A big thanks to those that provide helpful information and time to the forum!

mutt
Hey Kmutt, can we add Wayne (PowerTripp) to your esteemed list of Rocket tuners that are very helpful
and generous with their knowledge, assistance and TIME? Wayne has been a big help to me and my R3T.
Thanks for allowing me "my 2 cents worth"!

Hi again Jamie,firstly, I do not feel "bashed". I quote you, "drag strip-type cams as opposed to just "sporty" cams (on a parts exchange basis) and, worse yet, erroneous cam timing ....................................................... As to me being quiet and unassuming, well I guess that is something I have never been accused of before :). Cheers Nev
You should quit while you're ahead mate! I don't lavish praise on Aussies that often :roll::D:roll:

Not a good experience, indeed. There would be no point in debating what went wrong any futher. And I apologize for the harsh wording I used in my first message above.

"Over and out on this one for me" as well.

Jamie

And as it appears that the original question has been answered, as well as all relevant opinions stated lets close this one. Any further discussion of the issue can be resurrected in the appropriate section of the forum if anyone wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back