What's the deal with Lush Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good onya Nev. allways nice to hear both sides of the story. I see Jamie was reading this thread 14 minutes ago, must have been happy with Nev's reply.

Neville,

Thanks for your response. A couple of clarifications, if I may: 1) My "speed shop" was Godier-Genoud, of Kawasaki endurance fame (at least in Europe), in nearby France. Mr Genoud refused to use TuneBoy (which I had already purchased) and convinced me to order a Power Commander unit (he held a distribution franchise). 2) As to the cans, I was already relying on ... Australian Mad Dogs pipes and a K&N under-the-seat lung.

As I wrote above, the whole episode took place 5 years ago. I happened to be one of the first six Rocket III owners in Switz. and, perhaps foolishly, THE first one to venture into N/A (as opposed to turbo/supercharging) engine tuning.

Water under the bridge, as one would say.

I had no intention whatsoever to bash you. I just wanted to suggest that the help of a local, competent shop, preferably with prior Rocket III experience (Godier-Genoud had zilch) to do the installing, e:tuning and testing might be sensible.

Best regards

Ol' Jamie:cool:

Neville,

Thanks for your response. A couple of clarifications, if I may: 1) My "speed shop" was Godier-Genoud, of Kawasaki endurance fame (at least in Europe), in nearby France. Mr Genoud refused to use TuneBoy (which I had already purchased) and convinced me to order a Power Commander unit (he held a distribution franchise). 2) As to the cans, I was already relying on ... Australian Mad Dogs pipes and a K&N under-the-seat lung.

As I wrote above, the whole episode took place 5 years ago. I happened to be one of the first six Rocket III owners in Switz. and, perhaps foolishly, THE first one to venture into N/A (as opposed to turbo/supercharging) engine tuning.

Water under the bridge, as one would say.

I had no intention whatsoever to bash you. I just wanted to suggest that the help of a local, competent shop, preferably with prior Rocket III experience (Godier-Genoud had zilch) to do the installing, e:tuning and testing might be sensible.

Best regards

Ol' Jamie:cool:
Maybe a better choice of words might go over better next time, mmmmmmm!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was pretty clear what was said. Recommending to avoid doing business is about as strong as it can get.

Jamie, you're entitle to express your opinion, just as you should then expect people to react to that public expression. But "no intention whatsoever to bash" is just horse sh#t and you know it. If you meant just to say there can be communication issues associated with dealing with someone in another country you wouldn't have opened with "stay clear of Lush".

Bloody Australians .. cut one and they all bleed .. and they've got each others back.
Not just Aussies! After watching these forums for a while you get an idea of what a person is like. The opinion that I formed of Neville Lush is a quiet, unassuming, knowledgeable and helpful man that didn't deserve that knock.

Hi again Jamie,firstly, I do not feel "bashed". I quote you, "drag strip-type cams as opposed to just "sporty" cams (on a parts exchange basis) and, worse yet, erroneous cam timing and cryptic e: tuning instructions. " I have checked your cam specs and they are for the compression listed, ie 10.25. Made to go in place with stock springs etc.NOT DRAG RACE cams. They were not exchange cams but brand new billett cams, I did sell you some slotted cam gears on an exchange basis for $60Aust ( less than my cost)to assist with your job, as for erroneous cam timing, well I find that a little hard to believe, why would I want you to have a bad result? Who decided the specs were wrong? If Mr Godier is a world class tuner, the why would he not know the great importance of using ignition timing when tuning an engine so much different from stock? I am sorry for the bad experience you had, indeed I am. Had the pistons been delivered initially wth the correct rings, you would still have had issues,due to bad tune/exhaust. As to me being quiet and unassuming, well I guess that is something I have never been accused of before :). Over and out on this one for me.Off to fix a customers flat tyre, then tune a GSXR750, they are a great little surprise package. Cheers Nev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back