awaterworld

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Anyone know why the turn signals look so much bigger on US models? some US law? I like the look of the small narrow ones I see in lot of pictures, I just assume those are non US? if so any know how to get smaller ones?

Anyone know why the turn signals look so much bigger on US models? some US law? I like the look of the small narrow ones I see in lot of pictures, I just assume those are non US? if so any know how to get smaller ones?
That is a 'US thing', I believe. The smaller 'European' ones are seriously bright and equally as visible, IMHO.

Turn signal for motorcycle Triumph ROCKET 3 2020 - Motoplastic PUIG
Motorcycle LED turn signals front or rear | Triumph Rocket 3

It has to do with US law. There is a certain amount of reflector size that is needed. It is a law that was written long ago and didn't take into account LEDs. That is also why the US was a lot slower getting LED turn signals on motorcycles. The rest of the lights on the bike would be LED and the turn signals would be a bulb.

I just found my answer in the manual. I’ll check my settings.
38E3BEAD-9950-4B6F-803E-4F4337B64812.png

It has to do with US law. There is a certain amount of reflector size that is needed. It is a law that was written long ago and didn't take into account LEDs. That is also why the US was a lot slower getting LED turn signals on motorcycles. The rest of the lights on the bike would be LED and the turn signals would be a bulb.

When I had my R3R in for its first service, the dealership had just put this new 2021 GT on the floor. Note the turn signals.

I asked one of the sales guys about them and he said the GTs had this style vs. the Rs having the round ones. I didn't think that was really the case, but didn't argue with him.

When I looked closely at them, they looked more like an aftermarket add on, the fit/finish didn't look as clean as the round ones on mine or the 2021 R3R right next it on the showroom floor. I should have turned the tag around for the picture, but I believe it said New 2021 GT with 3 miles on it.

20210611_154200.jpg

signal.jpg

Back