TuneECU newbie (2014 R3R - TOR's - Ramair)

Tim Cook

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 Triumph R3R
Evening chaps, I'm a TuneECU newbie, just ordered the cable and CD etc. I've got a 2014 Roadster which has TOR's fitted and will have the Ramair fitted this week.

Is there an existing map to suit my setup and if there is, where can I find it? Is it an easy process to do? I'm fairly IT literate I guess!

Cheers.

Welcome to the board. Take a minute and introduce yourself in the introduce yourself section. Many many people have gone your route and are very happy with the outcome. HansO is the man to talk to in this arena but several probably have the exact tune you are looking for as well. There is some step by step to Tune ECU but it's not that hard. I'll pass on to you what I have if you like.

Welcome to the board. Take a minute and introduce yourself in the introduce yourself section. Many many people have gone your route and are very happy with the outcome. HansO is the man to talk to in this arena but several probably have the exact tune you are looking for as well. There is some step by step to Tune ECU but it's not that hard. I'll pass on to you what I have if you like.

Thanks BigNorm!

Just a quick Question to add in:
Does adding TORS do much of anything to the BLOW?
Is TORS considered to be Silencers and Cat bypass crossover pipe, or is adding TORS just Silencer Pipes?
My understanding (which, by the way, isn't much of an understanding) is the restrictions on the exhaust side are the Catalytic Converter(s) and Header.

The stock mufflers have the cats n them the Tors don't and have more mellow sound.the header is still restrictive.

That started in 2014 if I'm right. The Cats being in the pipes, I mean.
I've got a 2011 R3R, and I think the Cat is in the crossover pipe.

If I bought a TORS for my 2011 R3R, should the kit come with 2 Silencer pipes and a Crossover pipe to have in place of the Cat Box?

if the crossover you have has a cat in it and you buy TORs, you can get a plain crossover pipe from Paul Bryant.

The 2012 R3 Cat is in the pipes. The TORs essentially eliminate the cat. I'm sure the '14 is the same in that regard. The "collector" as they call it just has baffles for sound deadening. If you install a ramair and the tors you should be suck and blow neutral with the exception of the baffles. Someone out there correct me if I'm wrong but my research says this is true for the 2012, which is essentially the same machine as the '14 with the exception of the factory mapping.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. TORs - no cats. I've read here that the stock crossover isn't restrictive.

Back