Tuneboy Modified Tunes

Are you sure you have the latest version of the PCIII O2 bypass? In either case, the latest version of tune edit has box to check for the O2 sensor. Uncheck it before you download this tune. You can probably leave the PCIII plug in the connector. Then use this tune:

http://www.r3owners.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=41&d=1155692504
Dougl, thanks for the reply, yes i have the correct 02 plug,ordered it from dyna jet, im a dealer for them. i own a independant bike shop, and have installed and tuned the pc111 on lots of harleys, I also own a dyna jet 200 dyno, but have never owned a triumph or tuned with a tune boy.I cant wait to get started on this bike, it has more potential stock than anything ive ever riden. Thanks again for the reply, ill start with this tune and go from there. GRAY DOG

Dougl, thanks for the reply, yes i have the correct 02 plug,ordered it from dyna jet, im a dealer for them. i own a independant bike shop, and have installed and tuned the pc111 on lots of harleys, I also own a dyna jet 200 dyno, but have never owned a triumph or tuned with a tune boy.I cant wait to get started on this bike, it has more potential stock than anything ive ever riden. Thanks again for the reply, ill start with this tune and go from there. GRAY DOG

You should get good results with this tune. Then, as Pig9r has done, get a fine tune with a PCIII installed. We'll be interested in your experience with direct mapping in Tuneboy. The software is compatible with DynoJet software. It seems a bit tedious because you have to shut the engine off every time you download changed map values into the ECU, which stores these data in flash memory.

Tune for Stock R3 Classic

So I get Tuneboy for Christmas and begin doing some research on available tunes; which led me to this forum. I understand the software and what it all means but am in no way qualified to start making my own custom maps especially since the only dyno I have would be "seat of the pants" and that isn't as accurate as I would like. So I emailed Wayne about the tune 20050DynoSteve.dat tune and stated that my goals were to make my stock 06 R3 Classic run smoother with more power, retain decent fuel economy (gets 34 to 37 normally with 40 to 41 all highway) and have a tune wich would likely increase the engines lifespan. Oh, and take out the leaness between 2200 and about 3200 rpm.
He sent an email right away and gave me the base tune 020222 with the 20050SteveDyno incorporated into it.
Rocket 3 full power with catalyst.
Remap on all cylinders.
Secondary throttle fully open and full ignition in all gears.
Speedo corrected 6%
Rev limit increased to 6700rpm
Speed limiter moved up to 250kph
The new tune is called 20222TuneDyno.dat and I installed it a couple days ago.
Now I've always thought that the idle was good but as soon as I fired it up I could easily tell that it has become very smooth. On the test run I couldn't have been happier as there is a healthy increase in power but it's so much smoother than before. The power is very even and feels the same in all gears plus the leaness I used to feel inside cruising rpm is gone. Yeah, and so is much of the popping on decel. It actually sounds good when letting off the throttle. The bike is totally stock except for NGK iridium plugs I put in just before the tune. I wish I would have run the bike with just the new plugs in before the new tune was installed but even if I had I don't think it would have come close to making the difference there is now. I live in South East Ct. so right now I have no idea what the mpg. will be as I was only able to take it on a short 20 mile run before work and who knows when the next decent day will be. That's about it. Cheers, Touko

Attachments

• 20222TuneDyno.dat
    219.8 KB · Views: 211
I'm baffled with why the "O2 sensor fitted" is NOT unchecked; inasmuch as 2ndrys are 100%.
This tune could be modded to include the 10/15% decel pop elimination on the L1-3 tables.
I was of the impression the spedo error was 7% ?

Correction factor

I was under the impression that the correction was 7% too but this is the way the tune came to me so I figured I'd throw it in that way and check it with gps when I got the chance. Which would mean buying a gps unit first. As for the 02 sensor being unchecked I don't know. I am trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible on the software and what can be done with it but for now the bike runs incredibly well. There used to be a slight vibration in the floor boards wich could be felt low in the rpm's around 2200 to 2400. That is completely gone and all that is left is a grin. Adios, Touko

As I understand it: The option to uncheck "O2 Sensor Fittted" disables the ECM from "relearning" and disregarding the 100% adjustments made to the secondaries. The previous resolve prior to this implementation was the need for a null sensor in lieu of the stock sensor.

Take the wheel sensor up to, 3249 (I'm off-hand recalling the figure) to achieve the 7%. That is Tune Constants, under Edits, and applies to Wheel Constants. Tune 20222 > 20227 "Production piles, catalyst removed".

Now it is possilble, with the latest Triumph tunes (I gather 20222 is the base OEM), that the error may now be only 6%. I defer to a higher authority...

Last edited:
As I understand it: The option to uncheck "O2 Sensor Fittted" disables the ECM from "relearning" and disregarding the 100% adjustments made to the secondaries. ..

I believe unchecking the O2 sensor box keeps the ECU from relearning when it is in closed loop, i.e., when it is looking at the O2 sensor signal to determine fuel. This only involves the L tables (not the secondaries table). So if you have good L table settings that prevent backfiring in the pipes, the ECU won't override them with this box unchecked.

The least I can do at this time.

No problem Pig9r, I am happy to make any contribution I can especially since you guys bring so much research to the boards. believe me, it is very much appreciated. As I ride the R3 with this new tune I will be trying to feel or hear anything that I think might be able to be smoothed out even more. The popping on decel was definetly better and didn't sound like a 250 two stroke but I will be listening intently for any changes. If the popping comes back perhaps loading the tune again with the 02 sensor unchecked will keep it from happening again. I'll keep you posted on that.
If anyone in my area wishes to put this tune, or any other one, into there bike just email me and we can set-up a time. Although you'll have to buy the tune edit key for your ecu it sure beats having to buy the whole package. Not that the whole package wasn't worth every penny. Cheers, Touko :D

Back