Tuneboy Modified Tunes

tweeking tunes

Tuneboy question: If u want to have max power when hard on the throttle, obviously downloading one of these tunes is the way to go. BIG thx to pig9r and all:). If u want to improve economy for cruising, steady 120kmh, WITHOUT sacrificing 100pct on the throttle gunning it, can you just lean up the a/f table, to say 14.5's , around 3-3200 revs for throttle positions say; 10-25 pct? or do you have to adjust the F tables & ignition retard table too?
Currently running cat bypass & Maddogs with underseat filterand using Tuneboy. Triple K&Ns are on order tho, the obvious next step.:p All info gratefully received.:D
P.S. In Australia.. I hear fuel differences between us & the States affects tunes:confused:

Last edited:
Tuneboy

Or is leaning up the fuel% trim table the way to go?( just in the cruising rev range, 2000 to 3200 rpm & prob 15 to 25 pct throttle...) btw just what pct is the throttle at 3200rpm in top? doesnt feel very 'twisted' :eek:

You are playing with fire by leaning a stock tune out. They are already borderline dangerously lean. Just because the a/f table says it is at 14.5/1 doesn't mean that is what the mix is or will be. Also by leaning out certain areas more and keeping others rich will make for a surging and not so smooth bike.

If you are wanting better economy keep it in stock form and leave the secondaries in place. Going to triples is not the route to economy either. More air into the engine equals more fuel.

The only difference I can think of gas between countrys is that gas in the US especially in the Midwest has 10% or more ethanol mixed in it. Don't think it would have a dramatic impact on tunes. Probably more important to keep a similar octane rating. Either way you are better off getting a dyno tune.

Thx Pig9r, yeah i know ideally dyno is the way to go, but its a 5-6 hour ride to a tuneboy familiar dyno place for me:mad: & I plan to wait until the triple K&Ns arrive (internet order)
Tune i was using is the 20050 final dyno -tors cat bypass-3200decel 6750 rev
Works & sounds great on catbypass & Maddogs.. but.. drinks significantly more fuel & despite feeling good,is not one iota faster than stock bikes,:eek: ( multiple 4th & 5th gear roll on tests against 2 stockers), until over 4500 revs.After that it pulls away. (Tune untampered with , just to make that clear)

The pipes are pretty sooty at the back so unlikely i'd go too lean? any significant acceleration puts it back on the full fuel table.
I have experimented yesterday with using neg 6-8% from 10 to 25 pct TP over 2000-3200 rev, theres no sensation of surging or hiccup at all...bike felt strong & smooth. I was more interested in a conformation, from someone who understands what adjustment does what; does adjusting the fuel trim table in this way lean the mix? or not.

Last edited:
Yes the trim table applies percentage change to all cylinders. If a PCIII map is imported into tuneboy that is were the values are located. If there is a dynojet dealer closer I would suggest hooking up a PCIII to your bike a have a dynotune done then disconnect it and load the PCIII map in tuneboy and load into the ECU.

You are on your own going any leaner. I would at least get a wideband O2 and A/F meter so you can see where you are at.

tune is tops

OK, finally got around to loading the new 20222Jardine map Pig9R was kind enough
to put out there.

It was definitely the best one yet. Very very nice.

It did "feel" a little lean (hesitated on throttle at times) with triple K&N's so I richened
up all L-tables by 10% and reduced 0TP accordingly. I just did 1000 miles and it is about as
good as you can get w/out a $350 dyno tune.

I did find a dyno shop that will let people rent their system for $400 for the entire day - unlimited bikes too!!! It includes a 20 minute tuning boot camp and then you're on your own. Expert assistance is available for $100/hr. Trying to get 5 bikes to split the costs...

Last edited:
Post your tune when you get a chance. And pass on the word that the 20145Jardines tune on the Tuneboy website has the stock ignition maps in the first two gears.

20222Jardine map modified for K&N Triple Filter Mod

Here is the customized Pig9R 20222Jardine TB tune referenced above.

This should get any R3 with Jardines and 3 x K&N filters running very well and ready
for final dyno tuning.

NOTE: I removed speedo correction (prefer to know actual miles)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20222JardinesTune-no-speedo--plus10percentL123-KnN-mod3.dat
    219.7 KB · Views: 209
Looking for a Tune

Hi Tuners

I am looking for a tune for Raask Drag Pipes (no cat elimimnator, direct one into two), triple K&N's cut bearclaw, O2 sensor elimator fitted. Need decel pop minimised, full power but not running lean?

Please reference for me or kindly attach file.

Thanks

Harkyr3

Back