Tuneboy Modified Tunes

This is a less popping on decel version of the 20050_3 dyno tune. I added fueling in the L tables similar to the smoothdecel tunes. I have run the smoothdecel tunes all summer with fairly good luck. This tune however is very smooth and has very little popping on decel. Power seems to come in a little later but it pulls harder, higher in the RPM range. This was tested in 40 degree weather, however if the tune performs the same in the summer heat, it will be the one I stick with.

Edit notes:
Rocket III Full power
Triumph off road pipes and cat box eliminator
TuneBoy pod airfilters fitted under bear claw.
L1 and L3 same as Staintune, L2 increased
Dyno result was 158ftlb and 151hp
Decel richer in L123

Attachments

• 20050_3Decel.dat
    219.2 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Yes I will embed the tunes however there is a little glitch that the webmaster is sorting out as I type.

Until the issue is sorted you can pm me with your email and I'll send it to you.

Last edited:
This tune was made from the 20050SteveDynotune. I have maddogs, no cat, and undertank K&N. Temperature during testing was 90+ degrees F.

I am interested in this tune to reduce decel popping. I have the D&D's that eliminate the cat box and a stock air filter. Anyone running this tune please let me know how its working.
Thanks
Dobie

Dobieman- I ran it for quite a while and had good luck. If you have a tune that is good now just add fuel as directed in this post to limit popping Link Removed

If not start out with the smoothdecel. If you are still getting some popping the smoothdecel2 tune is a little richer only in the areas that control decel popping.

Here is the same tune as Wayne from Tuneboy's 20050DynoFinalMap_WithPods_And_IgnRetard tune except I used the new 20145 tune instead of the 20050 tune as a base. Basically I copied all of the fuel and ignition table from Wayne's tune to the new 20145 tune. I also added up to 15% to areas in the L maps to quell decel popping. Runs really good with trip K&Ns & Maddogs w/ no cat.

Wayne's notes from the 20050DynoFinalMap_WithPods_And_IgnRetard tune

Rocket III Full power
Triumph off road pipes and cat box eliminator
TuneBoy pod airfilters fitted under bear claw.
L1 and L3 same as Staintune, L2 increased
Dyno result was 158ftlb and 151hp

I am having problems attaching file, once sorted I will post, in the mean time pm me with your email and I will send it.

Last edited:
20143NoPopSenior

I've put together a Tune I call the No-pop Senior.
I've taken a bit from here and there, all of which came from r3owners.net contributors. Thanks to all:bch:

The 20143 is a base tune for a Classic with Standard Exhaust with the fur ball removed. To which I added I tables from the 20050DynoFinalMap_TOR_CatBypass tune. (Sorry I can't seem to find the link) This alone added remarkable get up and went, and perhaps the strongest contribution. Then to which I modified the L tables with the 10-15% increases contributed by DougL and Wayne. Link Removed

And finally the Secondaries are fully 100%. The O2 Sensor Fitted is unchecked, the Spedo is corrected and top speed was increase from 193 to 255Kph. The Edit Notes contain these details.

The No-pop Senior has unleashed the beast in my Tourer.
The No-pop Junior has conservative opening of the Secondaries.

Attachments

• 20143No-Pop Senior.dat
    219.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 20150No-Pop Senior.dat
    219.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 20143No-Pop Junior.dat
    219.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
My dyno tune

For this tune I used the 20145 tune for a base, then copied fueling and timing changes from Wayne's 20050_3 tune into it. I then dyno tuned with a PCIII and imported the PCIII map to the tune. I have been using it for a few months and it works great. I have Maddogs, cat bypass and triple K&Ns. Dyno'ed at 152hp and 155 ft/lbs torque. A/f ratio was set at 13.5 to 1 across the board.

Click here to download (I have run out of space here so I am hosting them at this site)

http://www.mediafire.com/?fnjmjnywvxh

Question for Tune BOY GURU'S

Hi guys, hope this post isnt to long winded. My new bike is a 07R3 classic, my new parts in the box are triumph off road pipes and cat elem. tune boy starter kit k&n under seat filter,seat duct removed, and dyna jet 02 sensor elem. plug. I am looking for the best "caned" tune to start with. and how to get it? Im a hot rodder from way back, Cant leave anything stock, ever, sorry but i cant help it. After reading post here for 2 weeks now,i think ive found the right place. You guys are great. SO heres what im after, full power in every gear, ( ign. curve, throttle openings, etc.) would like for the secondaries to follow my wrist if thats possible, or should i remove them completely? After i install the tune boy,should i then plug the 02 sensor off? Im sure ill have more questions, but i dont want to wear out my welcome. THANKS GRAY DOG.

Hi guys, hope this post isnt to long winded. My new bike is a 07R3 classic, my new parts in the box are triumph off road pipes and cat elem. tune boy starter kit k&n under seat filter,seat duct removed, and dyna jet 02 sensor elem. plug. I am looking for the best "caned" tune to start with. and how to get it? Im a hot rodder from way back, Cant leave anything stock, ever, sorry but i cant help it. After reading post here for 2 weeks now,i think ive found the right place. You guys are great. SO heres what im after, full power in every gear, ( ign. curve, throttle openings, etc.) would like for the secondaries to follow my wrist if thats possible, or should i remove them completely? After i install the tune boy,should i then plug the 02 sensor off? Im sure ill have more questions, but i dont want to wear out my welcome. THANKS GRAY DOG.

Are you sure you have the latest version of the PCIII O2 bypass? In either case, the latest version of tune edit has box to check for the O2 sensor. Uncheck it before you download this tune. You can probably leave the PCIII plug in the connector. Then use this tune:

http://www.r3owners.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=41&d=1155692504

Back