Triumph Service Survey

Heheh . . does that mean you will trade me EVEN UP for a new R3T?:p
(Yeah . . right)

Thanks for answering the concerns, I appreciate it.

I'll talk to you more about the tire issue when I see you . . . 10,000 mile is up in the next few weeks

I know what you mean . . . I have dealt with the John Deere dealer in Crestview for many years, bought tractors, mowers, saws . . and other implements of destruction and when I walk in the owner comes to say hello . . remembers my name and asks how everything is doing. If there is a problem they drive out with a trailer and truck, pick it up and bring it back to me. I bought a gator a couple of years ago from them and was going to wait until another check (it was in the mail:)) was coming to me . . . I went home and the gator was delivered anyway with a note from the owner to just come in next week and pay for it and thanks for the business.

As for the Triumph dealer here . . I'm not saying that the dealership is bad or anything, I do like the folks there and would still recommend them. I just think that sales dept. (I'll have it done in an hour) is writing checks that service cant cash and it makes for a bad feeling for the customer. And as for the tire issue . . thats just not right. Seems to me making something from a sale is better than making nothing from a sale to someone else. I just dont understand the all or nothing mentality that is in many businesses these days. The internet is here to stay and they need to roll with the punches. In the dive business we would meet any price on in-stock, same stock number merchandise. That way we would get the sale, customer was happy and then we would have them back in the store for future sales and service.

You gotta love ag dealers.

That's exactly how I bought my last Kubota. I had to order it because of the specialized equipment that I needed on the tractor. It took 4 months to get...was built for me in Japan and shipped over. Anyway, my dealer says when it comes in, I'll deliver it. Run it for a month and then decide if you like it. Not a bad deal for basically a $55,000.00 tractor. He knew I was going to like it just fine. The JD dealer is the same. I have a couple JD implements and I was in for parts and talking to the owner about how I like the new 38 series cab tractors. he said if I wanted to demo one, he'd be happy to drop one off for a few weeks.....Try that with a bike dealer or a car dealer...no way. We aren't talking penny ante stuff here, we are talking about 50 grand plus machines....like almost 3 Rockets in one hit.

You can't even get a test ride on a bike without giving them a copy of your drivers license and proof of your physical address and insurance. Motor vehicles have a title so if you abscond with the bike, it's traceable. When you buy a tractor, there is a bill of sale, no title and lots more liability and trust. I guess retail vehicle dealers are basically not trusting individuals. I'm glad ag equipment dealers are.

All right boys and girls as one of the senior R3 owners in NWF I order all of you to meet at D&D for a big group hug, Dink will supply the doughnuts and coffee and we can all throw stuff at Travis. Bikes are running and as long as they make it to ES and back we will all be happy. Dave McAulay:D

All right boys and girls as one of the senior R3 owners in NWF I order all of you to meet at D&D for a big group hug, Dink will supply the doughnuts and coffee and we can all throw stuff at Travis. Bikes are running and as long as they make it to ES and back we will all be happy. Dave McAulay:D

I ain't driving all the way to Flordee to have sinkers and coffee. Bad enough going to ES with a leaker fork and a shingle thick Metz......:eek:

I been throwing stuff at Travis a while and finally realized it don't help. The boy has issuews is all I know and too many to get into here:D. I do go by the shop from time to time just to see what happens next. Must say I didn't see this coming but now that the dust has settled we can get back to what brung us here in the 1st place and that's riding Rockets. Ride hard,ride easy, don't really matter how since they can take a licking and keep on ticking.

You can't even get a test ride on a bike without giving them a copy of your drivers license and proof of your physical address and insurance. Motor vehicles have a title so if you abscond with the bike, it's traceable.
That's silly, especially these days when folks are coming to dealerships looking to save gas money without even having a motorcycle license..
A tractor can't fall over and cause thousands in damage on a test ride..
A tractor doesn't require any more skills to operate than a car..
To ride a motorcycle requires a motorcycle endorsment on the license or the dealership isn't covered..

Back