Triumph GT windscreen on the R, worth it or buffeting?

I have to agree that nothing looks as god as the OEM windshield. They did a fantastic job of matching it with the flow of the Rocket. My only hang up as stated before is the wind beating you take over 55 mph. When I was younger I refused all windshields and was fine with the wind. Now as I age I need something up front if I ride for any length of time. I have the Mid size Powerbronze screwed in where the shield doesn't move and I bought a new Helmet. I specifically bought a helmet that was rated less noise and a tad more aerodynamic. It's much more quiet and zero buffering. Long trips Powerbronze, short trips and around the hood OEM. Good luck.:thumbsup:

I have to agree that nothing looks as god as the OEM windshield. They did a fantastic job of matching it with the flow of the Rocket. My only hang up as stated before is the wind beating you take over 55 mph. When I was younger I refused all windshields and was fine with the wind. Now as I age I need something up front if I ride for any length of time. I have the Mid size Powerbronze screwed in where the shield doesn't move and I bought a new Helmet. I specifically bought a helmet that was rated less noise and a tad more aerodynamic. It's much more quiet and zero buffering. Long trips Powerbronze, short trips and around the hood OEM. Good luck.:thumbsup:
I guess nobody likes Puig haha it’s ok. I like it. Will put light smoke on to see if it is better. I just want peer approval!!! Kidding

I guess nobody likes Puig haha it’s ok. I like it. Will put light smoke on to see if it is better. I just want peer approval!!! Kidding
It looks good but it seems like it has the same coverage as the OEM.

It looks good but it seems like it has the same coverage as the OEM.
I think it has more. I can’t be sure but others report stock not being effective over 55. This is great to 80. Nothing on the shoulders and at 6’2” I am very comfortable up to 80. Then the wind on my helmet increases but with a good helmet (I have Bell Race star) it’s very tolerable. Not having the wind on my chest makes a huge difference. I have no affiliation with Puig I just wanted to report it is very effective for wind reduction and although I think naked looks best this one appeals to my aesthetic eye and is of the highest quality.

I think it has more. I can’t be sure but others report stock not being effective over 55. This is great to 80. Nothing on the shoulders and at 6’2” I am very comfortable up to 80. Then the wind on my helmet increases but with a good helmet (I have Bell Race star) it’s very tolerable. Not having the wind on my chest makes a huge difference. I have no affiliation with Puig I just wanted to report it is very effective for wind reduction and although I think naked looks best this one appeals to my aesthetic eye and is of the highest quality.
According to the Puig website, theirs is 360mm X 375mm at the widest and tallest points. The OEM is about 280mm X 347mm, but the widest point on the OEM is higher than on the Puig, so that may have a big affect on things. The height difference of 28mm (just over 1”) doesn’t sound like a whole lot, but it might be enough to be helpful. I like the way it looks, and might end up trying it out. Combining it with the clip on spoiler that Guapete mentioned in #171 of this thread might make for a great combo that looks nice.

I ended up hearing back from Calsci about the fit of my windshield, and they pointed out that I had the R version of the windshield and was mounting it on a GT. I didn’t even realize there were different models, I was glad that I wasn’t just nuts and that the holes were, in fact, not right. They offered to exchange it, which is great. Though, it took a week to hear back from them on the first question, and now I’m waiting again to hear back about the proper address and process for the return. We’ll see how it ends up...

According to the Puig website, theirs is 360mm X 375mm at the widest and tallest points. The OEM is about 280mm X 347mm, but the widest point on the OEM is higher than on the Puig, so that may have a big affect on things. The height difference of 28mm (just over 1”) doesn’t sound like a whole lot, but it might be enough to be helpful. I like the way it looks, and might end up trying it out. Combining it with the clip on spoiler that Guapete mentioned in #171 of this thread might make for a great combo that looks nice.

I ended up hearing back from Calsci about the fit of my windshield, and they pointed out that I had the R version of the windshield and was mounting it on a GT. I didn’t even realize there were different models, I was glad that I wasn’t just nuts and that the holes were, in fact, not right. They offered to exchange it, which is great. Though, it took a week to hear back from them on the first question, and now I’m waiting again to hear back about the proper address and process for the return. We’ll see how it ends up...
Yes I agree with the spoiler idea. I ordered one. I feel it has a cool look and will be highly functional as well, in that you can adjust the air stream.

I went to light smoke on the Puig with the spoiler. I wanted to get better protection at 85mph. Did the trick. And looks better than dark smoke IMO.
1F9B0F58-2B98-432D-88AE-9CB0BCF688FC.jpeg
AA232A26-0E39-4608-A9C9-A9054B60472C.jpeg
6AD30F4B-0EFD-46CF-9802-46F76CA1CE7A.jpeg

CalSci sent me the wrong color and their excuse was "we only sell like 4 clear screens a year" as the reason for the mixup. ****ty business attitude about them. And insisted that I give it a shot anyway in case I liked it more. I should have just gotten a refund.

CalSci sent me the wrong color and their excuse was "we only sell like 4 clear screens a year" as the reason for the mixup. ****ty business attitude about them. And insisted that I give it a shot anyway in case I liked it more. I should have just gotten a refund.
Hope for your sake you demanded refund.

You’re not the first to complain about Cali Sci

Back