Triumph GT windscreen on the R, worth it or buffeting?

So at 6' you still have the smaller 20" shield? Does it keep the wind off of your helmet and chest at higher speeds? The reason I ask is I like the looks of it. I don't know how much longer my Powerbronze is going to last. Any observations so far on the windshield ? They start at 19" and go to 24" I think
I've had this windshield for over a year and at speeds 140+ [obviously not much more]... like anything else, once you hit 120, I do need to lower my torso towards the shield to deflect some of that "high speed" wind; I didn't go with the taller one thinking it would be flimsy and wobble more. It's a thick shield too - no regrets at all with this addition

It definitely keeps the wind off my chest 100% and the helmet, for the most part... until triple digits winds that I mentioned above show up

I've had this windshield for over a year and at speeds 140+ [obviously not much more]... like anything else, once you hit 120, I do need to lower my torso towards the shield to deflect some of that "high speed" wind; I didn't go with the taller one thinking it would be flimsy and wobble more. It's a thick shield too - no regrets at all with this addition

It definitely keeps the wind off my chest 100% and the helmet, for the most part... until triple digits winds that I mentioned above show up
another alternative Gustafsson Plastics 24"

Anyone installed the OEM wind screen on their R? Did it make a significant difference or just direct the wind from body to helmet and cause buffeting? And did you think it "ruined" the naked look of the bike?
I'm 5 11 or 6', depending who's asking:), and trying to figure out whether it's worth it or not.

I saw the post for the bigger wind screens from other manufacturers, but I don't want to change the look of the bike. For long rides I have my Indian with the wind "sail" on it.

Thank you.
The GT OEM screen blocks/screens a little bit of wind from your midsection, but you get full wind from the top of your chest and up. I'm the guy that posted about the two larger screens and the Puig screen, which is actually just marginally larger (we're talking a few millimeters in height only) than the OEM screen and it looks better than the OEM screen. The tinted one I bought is for sale if you'd like it. Message me and we can talk turkey.

Back