Triumph GT windscreen on the R, worth it or buffeting?

Zutt

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 R
Anyone installed the OEM wind screen on their R? Did it make a significant difference or just direct the wind from body to helmet and cause buffeting? And did you think it "ruined" the naked look of the bike?
I'm 5 11 or 6', depending who's asking:), and trying to figure out whether it's worth it or not.

I saw the post for the bigger wind screens from other manufacturers, but I don't want to change the look of the bike. For long rides I have my Indian with the wind "sail" on it.

Thank you.

I had ordered my R3r with the GT windscreen and side bags as I am using it mostly as my touring bike (in the Alps - so the GT was not an option). The screen adds some wind protectection for the upper body, which is nice. Helmet and shoulders are completely in the air, which I found somewhat tiring after 6-7 hours of riding, especially for my shoulders. I can understand the folks who install bigger screens but most of them I find quite ugly (the windscreen options, not the riders). The OEM screen in my view does not ruin the looks of the bike, quite the contrary. Here is a picture from a tour this fall:
rocket3 sylvenstein basin.jpg

I agree regarding the looks of the larger screens. The OEM does look better and as you said may even enhance the look of the R. I haven't been able to find any real life pics of the R with and without the screen to compare. Beautiful picture and bike.
Thank you.

I put the GT screen on my TFC. It looks great and does break a little more wind. It is worth it a agree these bikes do not look good with large windshields on them. I too have an Indian with the huge parachute on the front.
Dr.D, any side and front pics of the bike with the screen? If it's too much trouble no worries. Thanks.

I put the GT screen on my R.
About half my commute is highway and it was just exhausting. The GT screen punches a big enough hole in the atmosphere to get the wind off my chest. (I'm 5'11" also)
You still have wind on your shoulders and helmet, but it's just a minor annoyance compared to having nothing. Also, I didn't notice much buffeting. When you're in clean air, it's pretty smooth.
Appearance-wise, personally I think this bike has enough bad-ass going on that the windshield doesn't really take much away. Definitely flows with the style of the bike.
20200730_174358.jpg

I agree. It really looks good on the bike. Thanks for the info.

Where would one find and order one? I couldn't find it on the Triumph motorcycle website unless I missed it.

And if you want to make that GT screen look really nice, spray the back of the windscreen with Plasti Dip. That way it is a nice solid color but you can still easily clean the front of the windscreen and it comes in different colors. I did black on my 2020 black GT and on a Triumph Sport Screen on a black/red stripe Gen 1 Rocket. If you don't like it, just peel it off...

Back