Triumph GT windscreen on the R, worth it or buffeting?

And if you want to make that GT screen look really nice, spray the back of the windscreen with Plasti Dip. That way it is a nice solid color but you can still easily clean the front of the windscreen and it comes in different colors. I did black on my 2020 black GT and on a Triumph Sport Screen on a black/red stripe Gen 1 Rocket. If you don't like it, just peel it off...
Any pics showing the GT with the painted screen? Just so I can believe you that’s all ;)

What's not to like about the larger screen?! I see comfort.

Attachments

• 20200711_054226.jpg
    20200711_054226.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 202
That is a nice big ass screen. You must be tall. I do like big screens but it does detract from the looks just a little in my opinion. My way around it was to have a full screen for touring and sports screen for around the hood. Your bike looks good with the screen on it. :thumbsup:

That is a nice big ass screen. You must be tall. I do like big screens but it does detract from the looks just a little in my opinion. My way around it was to have a full screen for touring and sports screen for around the hood. Your bike looks good with the screen on it. :thumbsup:
Thanks. I move it down since adjustable for around town. Hwy it makes a huge difference. 6'1". I ride mostly hwy.

Zutt - Unfortunately I don't have photos and both of those bikes are buried way in the back of the shed behind all the other bikes and ATVs. It being a Maine Winter (and having just finished shoveling 19" of the white stuff), the bikes won't be out of hibernation until May. I saw a photo of Lamonster's bike and he had done the same thing and may have a photo available.

Just for clarification, I was talking about Plasti Dip which can be peeled off easily if you don't like it. I personally would not paint a windscreen. BTW, if you do the Plasti Dip I would recommend using painter's tape on the edge all the way around the windscreen to keep from overspray and to keep the lines/edges looking good. I only spray the back of the windscreen. Costs about $10 a spray can. I spray 4-5 coats and you'll have some left over...

Here's a pic of my GT windscreen after a rattle can paint job, yes it's permanent and that is just how I want it.
Easy to do, a fine scotchbrite scuffing on the back side prior to masking with painters tape and just take your time don't get in a rush!

Attachments

• 20200906_163315_HDR~3[1].jpg
    20200906_163315_HDR~3[1].jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 196
Zutt - Unfortunately I don't have photos and both of those bikes are buried way in the back of the shed behind all the other bikes and ATVs. It being a Maine Winter (and having just finished shoveling 19" of the white stuff), the bikes won't be out of hibernation until May. I saw a photo of Lamonster's bike and he had done the same thing and may have a photo available.

Just for clarification, I was talking about Plasti Dip which can be peeled off easily if you don't like it. I personally would not paint a windscreen. BTW, if you do the Plasti Dip I would recommend using painter's tape on the edge all the way around the windscreen to keep from overspray and to keep the lines/edges looking good. I only spray the back of the windscreen. Costs about $10 a spray can. I spray 4-5 coats and you'll have some left over...
No worries. 19" that a lot! It must be painful keeping those bikes in hibernation for a few months. I'll look it up. Thanks for the info.

Here's a pic of my GT windscreen after a rattle can paint job, yes it's permanent and that is just how I want it.
Easy to do, a fine scotchbrite scuffing on the back side prior to masking with painters tape and just take your time don't get in a rush!
This looks beautiful. Good job.

Agreed, although the GT wind screen is sexy I pretty much most of the time blast around with a mid height Powerbronze topped off with a Wunderlich deflector which cuts off the wind blast from my chin down. Still leaves my helmeted head in the slipstream for good ventilation.
And when I say good protection I include a picture of my setup after riding thru 150 miles of migrating butterfly's, from a trip back from the Texas coast.
The cleanup was pretty traumatizing to say the least! :mad:

Attachments

• 20200927_090036[1].jpg
    20200927_090036[1].jpg
    598 KB · Views: 164
  • 20200927_084427[1].jpg
    20200927_084427[1].jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 162
Back