Triumph Fog Lights

motolites

Got em, love em, wouldn't ride without them. The brake caliper mounts are nice because they turn with you, into the turn. I need to try the 50 watt bulbs and I understand you can put up to 75 watts in them. The bulbs are standard M11 bulbs you can find anywhere (Home Depot, WalMart,hardware stores, etc.) but even those are replaced by the warranty.

New lights

OK, the new lights are on. They are very high quality, fit perfectly, highly recommended. I got the upgrade 55 watt bulbs and have excellent forward and side lighting without any oncoming cars flashing their lights at me, probably due to them mounting low on the brake caliper.

It took just over an hour to install, lights, electrics, etc. and was a piece of cake. Adjustment is also a breeze. My only complaint was the wiring harness for the switch was too short to reach the handlebars so I'm trying the switch (velcro mounted) under the seat on the right side, on the small black panel just behind the rearmost exhaust pipe.

switch

I looked at that panel but, for some reason it looked like it might require removal more often. That's a good point about the left hand throttle. I hadn't thought about it but, its probably so long ago that its no longer a factor. That was a busy hand. The throttle had everything from arming switches to the PTT button for the radio.

Thanks for the input. I'll look at it agaain

Me? I like the Triumph lights. They not only light you up to others, but provide essential fill on the twistys at night. The fixing kit that is needed also is necessary for a windscreen, so think it over...

Back