Triumph Fog Lights

usafo8

.020 Over
Does anyone have these lights installed on their bike? If so, are they really fog lights or are they driving lights? Triumph's "literature" is useless if you want real information. What do you think of the lights, and would you buy them again? Many thanks for your input.

Fog lights

Thanks G Man. "Fixing kit" huh? They don't tell you that one. What the hell is that and how much does it cost? Their accessory web site is awful. There is no information other than a picture and price.

Many thanks for the info. That's what I needed to know. Now if anyone has a better alternative? I do have a new set of small PIAA driving lights, but no way to mount them. Someone must make a universal type bracket.

Thanks again

TwoStar...I have them too and like G-Man, I'm satisfied with them. In the dead of night, coming back from the BBC Rally in WI, I used them in fog - like watching a big screen of light - they didn't really penetrate the fog but I felt better knowing they were lighting up the road making the bike look like a 747 coming in for a landing. Outside of fog, they help me see more at night but to me, their main value is 'being seen'. The 'Fixing Kit' in Triumph-speak for the brackets that hold the lights to the bike. Good Luck!

Rocket%203.jpg

This setup is from MotoLight.com, they mount to the front brake caliper. I don't have this setup yet but it's the way I'm going to go. 8)

Motolight

Perfect! That looks great. I like it a lot better than the Triumph set up, and I'm a little afraid that Lucas may still have something to do with it. That ghost has to be hard to kill.

Thank for the tip.

Ptice, etc

The price runs from $325 and up, depending on finish. They come in black, chrome, polished aluminum and brushed aluminum. They have fender mounts, caliper mounts, fork mounts and will make custom stuff if you need it. Everything, including bulbs is lifetime guaranteed and there are higher output bulb options also.

They are running lights, NOT fog lights. You can get info at: www.motolight.com

I ordered mine last night and they are in stock for the Rocket.

Motolights

They were in stock, I did order the brake caliper units in brushed aluminum (I know it's a Brit bike, so it should be aluminium) and with the 50 watt bulbs (instead of 35.) They should be in Monday and I'm told it's a snap to install in less than an hour. Now my friends can get a Florida tan at night too, if they can only figure out how to get in front of me.

Back