Hmm, I wonder why, I'm going to ask him
BA0B3387-623B-40B4-8698-3CE07444DE0F.png
Tripps this is where it was not sealed, it wasnt a problem but i would think hed seal when he seals shaft

I had turned it off in tune ecu no codes when turned off there, i didnt want it making corrections to my tune and now its not in system, that bung is only used for data collection now, no o2 sensor . no second butterflies no stepper(suh dont tell) no second shaft, throttle bodies bored. Idles perfect runs perfect, I actually used my o2 sensor to make a venturi crank case breather.
So why remove it? Instead of just turning it off. I guess the same question can be asked about secondaries.
Are there any negatives on removing the secondaries?

I think you might lose a little low end torque, but I'm not sure. I'm curious too, Carpenter replaces it with a wide band sensor. I think maybe they clog up if turned off, I seem to remember something about a heater, maybe.

So why remove it? Instead of just turning it off. I guess the same question can be asked about secondaries.
Are there any negatives on removing the secondaries?
No negatives on removing secondaries it just cleans up air flow i was shooting for 200hp so i did what others recommended for what i wanted. and you can just turn off o2 and leave attached, it will probably ruin it but that wont matter if you dont want the o2 correcting things, you can also open secondaries on tune ecu as alot do and go with that. my bike is not stock anymore and I wouldn’t recommend anything ive done to anyone wanting to stay oem. others that are reading this know way more than i ever will i just learned from what they did and i did it too. Basically i wanted the fastest rocket i could manage with my skill level. Ive gone through everything basically suspension, engine,fuel,exhaust, and i personaly dont want an o2 or pcv or anything else changing things. Its worked for me, im happy with my ride but it definitely isnt for everybody but i have been lucky to have people help me that would not have done some of the things i have but they helped anyway. So its really about what you want from your bike and real smart people on here will help.

@warp9.9 is one of the people that have helped me even though he doesnt agree with some of the changes ive made like removing stepper but he knows everything about these bikes and is a real blessing for me and many others. @R-III-R Turbo is a genius and his u tube channel and many post on here are a treasure trove, @Claviger and others have some great tips in the archives here. The o2 the secondaries the stepper everything is in the search menu with great expertise explaining it, hope this points you in right direction and im also glad to find stuff and post if you have a need and cant find it.

Back