snicrep

Supercharged
Ride
08 r3 touring
anyone have suggestions about un de-tuning a touring model? ive never been a fan of companies doing that. id rather let my wrist do the de-tuning. i have a 08 touring model. i would have preferred a "regular" one, but this became available, so i pulled the trigger. i have the dealer tune connector which i bought for my 2010 thunderbird (which i traded-in).

I used to be a big fan of Harlingen back in the day. Home of the Confederate Air Force, and all that lovely citrus, enjoyed a number of trips down there.

What is it exactly you are trying to do with your Rocket ?

Have you looked through the Touring forum, maybe do a few searches -- MUCH has been done and even more said about the Touring and how Triumph chose to change the mapping for the motor vis-a-vis the Roadster.

I used to be a big fan of Harlingen back in the day. Home of the Confederate Air Force, and all that lovely citrus, enjoyed a number of trips down there.

What is it exactly you are trying to do with your Rocket ?

Have you looked through the Touring forum, maybe do a few searches -- MUCH has been done and even more said about the Touring and how Triumph chose to change the mapping for the motor vis-a-vis the Roadster.
Just got it but i want all the power tgey took away.

Just got it but i want all the power tgey took away.
Brother, I think you are a victim of marketing. The Touring was not de-tuned, it is re-tuned for its intended purpose. And that is touring and two-up riding. The R3T has more low end torque than the Roadster has. The roadster has more high end horse power. Unless you are banging the RPM off the limiter, the R3T is better suited for city street and highway use.

I added the TORs slip-ons and the RamAir breather, for these you need to update the ECU tune for better breathing . These mods are easy to do and do improve power and sound.

Enjoy your new bike, I have 74K on mine so far.

Thanks for that info. I got the "dealer tune cable but it seems im going to need tuneecu. Im trying to google a site and its been difficult

This is a thread started in 2013 (the original poster is no longer around - his ECU map, if you want it, is still available on this site in the Resources forum) and has had enduring interest. This would be a great place to start, and have a good sense of the community about performance considerations for the Touring model.

This is a thread started in 2013 (the original poster is no longer around - his ECU map, if you want it, is still available on this site in the Resources forum) and has had enduring interest. This would be a great place to start, and have a good sense of the community about performance considerations for the Touring model.

I wish i could as elegantly post something so good @Joesmoe is the man :thumbsup:

Back