Oldman68

.020 Over
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster Red Haze
Just another thread and as you guest it I'm going to be busy in the new year, I have a 2012 Roadster and I want to upgrade from a H4 to LED headlights if possible and from what I can ascertain here in the UK is that if any vehicle originally has a H4 head light you cannot put a LED bulb into the same light unit, MOT failure. I'm going to check this out with my local MOT station in the new year but I believe that if you change the whole unit you can, this because the reflection unit works differently and causes on coming traffic to dazzle them. So has anyone change there's here in the UK and what works best.

Yes. Had similar struggles with the H4 LED "bulbs" and the reflector type bucket that the Rocket III comes with, and legality.
Apparently the only way to make the H4 LEDs legal is to have them in projector type headlights rather than the reflectors as above.

Anyway now there is an OEM option from Triumph, i.e. from the 2020+ Rocket 3s, factory fit so no probs with meeting standards etc. They are reflectors too but the LEDs themselves are hidden.
You just need to make adapter plugs for them to fit the older Rocket IIIs;

Back