.......Bet it makes a scream'in amount of noise though........:D
Yeah, that's the one thing they do well... Too well in my opinion. Especially the guys with no baffles and a jerky throttle hand. I asked a guy sitting at a light jeking his throttle if he needed me to call someone to tow him.
He wasn't amused :D

Why is it so many of these Harley folks can't admit that there bike was never intended to be fast. I have no problem with the motorcycle itself. Most of them are really cool looking bikes, kinda like having a new '57 Chevy, it would be fun to look at and drive around on a nice day, but any modern fuel injected V6 would kick its butt!!

Being slow doesn't fit in with their need to be perceived as bad ass bikers.
Basically, 60% of HD riders and HD clone riders (S&S, Revtec, etc.) are insecure.
They don't ride because they love riding, they ride because they want to fit in with their bad biker persona.
I make it a point to avoid that stereotype.
It takes being self secure to ride a bike just because you like it.
I don't care who sees me riding...
Another reason for not having overly loud exhausts.
They doesn't attract so much (negative) attention. ;)

Last edited:
Also there are a lot of Harleys sitting in garages because its a status symbol. I know a few of those guys, big house, professional job, and a low mile Harley that they ride about 200 miles a year. Generally on poker runs with their buddys. Oh, I forgot, you gotta have a Harley logo on every piece of clothing, right down to your underwear. Yeeeech............

These are the guys to look out for on the road. If you hardly ever ride you're not going to be a good rider.

Insurance companies should catch on to that and charge high premiums for Hardleys! You ever notice how HD riders charge down the straight sections only to jump on the (rear) brake before entering a turn? Turns are where the fun is! :cool:

Also there are a lot of Harleys sitting in garages because its a status symbol. I know a few of those guys, big house, professional job, and a low mile Harley that they ride about 200 miles a year. Generally on poker runs with their buddys. Oh, I forgot, you gotta have a Harley logo on every piece of clothing, right down to your underwear. Yeeeech............

These are the guys to look out for on the road. If you hardly ever ride you're not going to be a good rider.

Those are called "RUBS". Rich, Urban, Bikers.

Naw, I think you're both missing the point. Don't you know they're ALL members of HOGS. And that stands for "Harleys Only Go Slow".;) Again, just my 2 cents worth. xhdskip

Last edited:
I guess you can't be a power crazed Roket 3 owner and understand the HD mentality.
I sure as hell don't!
When I ride customers bikes I'm often left thinking "how boring and slow this bike is". I know not everyone thrives off acceleration and speed but the way most hardly guys jerk their throttles and never miss an opportunity to make obnoxious amounts of noise you gotta figure they are trying to show off how bad ass (fast) their bikes are. Hell, a Honta VTX 1300 out runs most hd's and they are flat boring! My '09 Bonnie is faster than that and I bought it to collect and as a room decoration.

http://xchoppers.com/g/d/8412-2/Day-1---b.jpg

I guess you can't be a power crazed Roket 3 owner and understand the HD mentality.
I sure as hell don't!
When I ride customers bikes I'm often left thinking "how boring and slow this bike is". I know not everyone thrives off acceleration and speed but the way most hardly guys jerk their throttles and never miss an opportunity to make obnoxious amounts of noise you gotta figure they are trying to show off how bad ass (fast) their bikes are. Hell, a Honta VTX 1300 out runs most hd's and they are flat boring! My '09 Bonnie is faster than that and I bought it to collect and as a room decoration.

You obviously haven't run it much or the pipes would be rainbow colored. Remember though, it's a replica Taiwanese knockoff of the real thing..... Don't be gett'in none of those 'Made in England' stickers from Selman and sticking them to the frame.....

Back