How tough is the driveline on these bikes?

grampi

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3R
Considering the Rocket gets a lot of mods, like the Carpenter stage 1 and 2 kits, blowers, etc., how does the driveline hold up on this bike? Coming from an M109R, which had a weak driveline, the question popped into my head. There were guys that actually snapped the drive shaft on 109s from having too much power. Just curious...

The Rockets drive line is pretty strong. I have not been able to hurt it. Unless you count the clutch as part of the drive line. If so you can screw it up. But you have to really work hard at it :D

The Rockets drive line is pretty strong. I have not been able to hurt it. Unless you count the clutch as part of the drive line. If so you can screw it up. But you have to really work hard at it :D

So then I'm guessing a stock, or slightly modded one like mine will not be breaking driveline parts?

The key on any of these shaft drive bikes is keeping the bearings and splines lubed properly and regularly inspected. Just like my BMW. At least they don't require dismantling part of the motor and frame to work on like the belt drive on my Harley.

Keep in mind the amount of power warp is putting through the shaft. It's a LOT!!

I would venture to say a maintained bolt on rocket would be hard pressed to break stuff, even under some fairly heavy-handed abuse.

Back