Total Solar Eclipse path sea to shining sea 20170821

Found some old shade 14 welders lens in the shed. Sat on the front pourch and watched. We only got about 89% blockage but it was still awesome to watch. Best of it all was over by around 1:09 pm.

Last edited:
My wife and I drove out on the crappy dirt roads to the middle of nowhere to be on the center line. Fantastic view of the eclipse.

The Ecstasy and Irony during the Total Eclipse here in Idaho. Some pictures I took. Yes that is my car.
DSCN6800.JPG

20170821_103640.jpg
Judging from your back tire, I guess there is truth in advertising on the road sign.

8.21.17a.jpg
8.21.17b.jpg
8.21.17c.jpg
8.21.17d.jpg

Here in Houston it was a flop. Better to view it sitting on the recliner on the 65" :coffee:. BTW, It's been getting cool here in the mornings. Seriously. Like mid 70's at sunrise. Then it gets poolside hot quick.

3.5 hour ride from Tennessee to my enclave in North Carolina took 8 hours. You flat land Yankees suck, pure and simple. I pulled my clutch handle in more last night than I have the total time I've owned it. Y'all do remember that I have violent tendancies, right. Get out of Appalachia, stay out. Ahhh, I feel much better now.
20170821_144001.jpg

Anyone want to buy a mountain house with all your Florida buddies close by ? 20170821_143936.jpg

The oddest thing to me was the crickets and cicadas started their night time concert, then stopped. Eerie. The way the light changed color was amazing. The fact that I was open carrying and did not shoot up a car load of STUPID tourists still amazes me. Lori too. Big thanks to STB and Rainman for the Southern hospitality and ****ed fine food.

My wife and I drove out on the crappy dirt roads to the middle of nowhere to be on the center line. Fantastic view of the eclipse.

The Ecstasy and Irony during the Total Eclipse here in Idaho. Some pictures I took. Yes that is my car.
DSCN6800.JPG

20170821_103640.jpg

WHAT???
No Porsche?
SUV = old guy!

@JoseyR3Wales
Not much SUX more than heavy stop-gap traffic riding a motor! My bro & nephew rode 400 miles each way to Prineville, OR. They had to make several rest stops in order to rest their left wrists, hands, fingers and left hips.
To me twas just a BFD about nothing!

The oddest thing to me was the crickets and cicadas started their night time concert, then stopped. Eerie. The way the light changed color was amazing. The fact that I was open carrying and did not shoot up a car load of STUPID tourists still amazes me. Lori too. Big thanks to STB and Rainman for the Southern hospitality and ****ed fine food.
But just think of how much fun we had.

Back