Total Solar Eclipse path sea to shining sea 20170821

Alright, let's hear your stories of the eclipse.
laying around feeling like sh*t for last 10 days doc said pneumonia sucks having chills 2 hours later sweating enogh to have to change cuz clothes are soaked sorry you asked,you know youre sick when you dont even think about riding

IMG_20170821_143455902_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Taken with phone not great pix

I didn't go anywhere, just made my own pin-hole camera and walked out back behind the office. Put a few pages together on the ground, and had a few other sheets of paper stapled together with the center cut out and a pinhole through a piece of aluminum foil taped to the sheet. Stood over it with the sun at my back and held it over the white sheet on the ground.

Below was one of the better pics, but it got to an estimated 92% coverage of the sun. We were amazed how much light where still was, even though parking and security lights were coming on.

20170821_124117.jpg

I hung out with @Nat67 via Skype and took turns looking at it through my welding mask.
Really appreciated that Norm . Allways great to spend time with you .
How cool if you think about it ? Sitting in an armchair in Dartmoor England , having breakfast with a friend in Nevada USA and then stepping out to the porch to watch a solar eclipse . All in realtime !
You have a beautiful home mate . :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My wife and I drove out on the crappy dirt roads to the middle of nowhere to be on the center line. Fantastic view of the eclipse.

The Ecstasy and Irony during the Total Eclipse here in Idaho. Some pictures I took. Yes that is my car.
DSCN6800.JPG

20170821_103640.jpg

Back