Stall when down shifting to a stop.

I experienced quirky behavior on my first 2013 R3T. Mine would suddenly die as I would start out in first. It can throw your handling off in a turn for sure. It went away within the first 1000 miles. Lots of quirky reports like this, but not to worry. It will either fix itself or not. If not, then back to the dealer.

I had mine fixed before the 500 mile service. It was the TPS at the edge of spec. I would make them fix it correctly or replace the bike. That is a massive safety hazard to not be able to get out of the way if some idiot doesn't;t recognize you slowing to a stop.

I honestly wouldn't touch the ecu until fixed. Dealers & manufacturers will do what they can to save themselves money, including trying to screw the customer over.

One other thing is have them load test the battery and check all battery connections including the ones on the starter. Low voltage and or loose connections can cause all kinds of quirky little issues.

Mine and a few other's roadsters did that when brand new as well. It has something to do with what they do during the first service, as it doesn't do it anymore.

Yes...mine too , not always but occasionally. After 1st service it never did again.The only ‘change’ I know of was adjust one of the Throttle bodies that was not set correctly. Have no idea if that was the cure but it was ok after the 50o mile service

Thank you all for the welcome and input! I spoke with the tech at the 500-mile service, he tested TPS and reset ISCV. They did a very thorough job on the safety check and tightening of necessary components, I was even allowed in the shop during the process to ask any questions along the way (My chosen dealer has been A+ top notch!) He was not able to get it to recreate the problem during a test ride (naturally). So the plan is to document if it happens any more and keep track of conditions based on my theory that the engine is stalling out due to lack of air. The few odd times it has happened is when it has been hot and humid. I will have plenty of days coming up with it being the start of summer to verify this. In the interim, I purchased a set of TORS and I am looking into getting the Pods. This should allow the beast to breath.

Another course of action per the Dealer is to notify if I keep having trouble and they will reach out to Triumph Tech to see if others have reported the same issues.

Not my first new bike, I am used to having a few minor flaws to work out the first 1000 miles or so.

My 08 R3T is experiencing a very similar issue, except its on 1-n-2 downshifts to stops. I have been able to narrow it down to my gear position sensor.

Back