Low idle when warm and won’t start

Mr. Soliman

Standard Bore
Ride
05 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi all, so I’m new to the Rocket world and hope someone can give me some onsite on what to do. I have an 05 rocket roadster 60k miles. When I run the bike for a wile and it gets warm the idle goes way down when I come up to a stop sign or light. Sometimes it shuts off and won’t start back up unless I twist the throttle a little. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Does the bike ride at all? We are going out tomorrow? Can you ride the bike at all? Ill be glad to help you once we get back. I have the LoneTec cable and a PC with TUNE ECU. We can hook it up and see if it is just a TPS setting issue. We can lube the stepper motor and linkages and go from there. You are welcome to call me 281 286 9087. Leave a message until I know who you are.

Last edited:
Does the bike ride at all? We are going out tomorrow? Can you ride the bike at all? Ill be glad to help you once we get back. I have the LoneTec cable and a PC with TUNE ECU. We can hook it up and see if it is just a TPS setting issue. We can lube the stepper motor and linkages and go from there. You are welcome to call me 281 286 9087. Leave a message until I know who you are.
Yes the bike runs fine it’s just when I come to a stop or when it nears idle.

Might also have the out dated engine map Rick read which one he has will your over there. Then if you have to change the map to a updated one load it first, run the ,ISCV reset and check the throttle body balance after she is wamed up. Good luck!

I also worked on a bike that had a similar issue it clapped out whenever it was at normal operating temp but was fine when cold. Issue was simply the Air Temp Sensor was placed under the tank. This is of course only relevant if the bike has an aftermarket air system like K and N's fitted. Moved filter into cool air area and issue "magically" disappeared.

Back