Upgrades cause problems?

I never touched the crank arm by the radiator so that should be factory still. I only adjusted the one by the actual lever. From most of you it seems like I should tinker with that, I had no idea it was so sensitive with change.

If the bike was cold I can understand it not being easy to find neutral, cold oil is thick and will make even a properly adjusted clutch drag some. As for not going into 2nd when shut down, did you try rocking the bike ? Don't mean to sound like "that guy" but there was a fellow on here awhile back who thought his trans was knackered because it wouldn't shift through the gears whilst sitting still.

On my concours 14 you can not put in second gear with the engine off no matter what you do. However it has the best shifting transmission I have ever used and neutral is super easy to find.

I had some issues when changing the levers to ASV. Had to change clutch lever back to stock. the fuel gage stopped working and then of course the range gage and everything that works off the fuel gage. My bike is a 2017. Good luck with your issues. Hard to believe these tolerances and electrics are so sensitive.

IMG_0494 (1).JPG Mine work fine. Did have to clean up the clutch switch to get everything to work right. IMG_0501 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Back