2020 Rocket 3r problems

R0CK3T

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3r
Hello, new here and I was wondering if anyone is having the same problems I’m having with my new bike, or Maybe is just mine and I had bad luck with it. I’ve got my bike almost 5 months ago and it has been in the shop more than I have been riding it. First problem was with the gas tank sensor, one ride I ran out of gas and after filling the tank the warning light that tells you you need gas never turned off and it was still showing me I needed gas. I rode it for a few miles and still there. Finally after a week of not turning off I had to take it to the shop and then wait until they ordered the parts 🙄. Finally they changed the sensor, I went for a ride enjoying my bike. Two weeks after that I was cleaning the bike and noticed it was leaking oil, once again I had to take it to the shop and I had to leave it there until they ordered parts and work on it. I’m pretty annoyed since that bike is brand new and it has beenat the shop many times.
Anyone else having problems with it?

Attachments

• AA2D8CBB-BE23-4D54-95C2-599C126B424D.jpeg
    AA2D8CBB-BE23-4D54-95C2-599C126B424D.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 122
Hello @JPFEO and welcome from Virginia. I am glad you are getting your bike back, several of the 2020 engines have oil leaks.

Sadly, the oil leak has afflicted quite a few bikes, mine included.
Search "2020 leak" on the forum and it will take you into the threads.
Mine took 3 trips to the dealer, many weeks in the shop, removal of my engine and shipping of a case cover out of state to get some sort of treatment. Since the last repair, I did see a drop or two of oil, but was after a fairly high speed run and it hasn't reoccured.
I assume they have done quite a few by this time and they may have figured out a way to expedite the repair.
Good Luck!

My dealer showed me one had an oil leak but I’ve been lucky so far. Approaching 10’000 miles and no issues.

Sadly, the oil leak has afflicted quite a few bikes, mine included.
Search "2020 leak" on the forum and it will take you into the threads.
Mine took 3 trips to the dealer, many weeks in the shop, removal of my engine and shipping of a case cover out of state to get some sort of treatment. Since the last repair, I did see a drop or two of oil, but was after a fairly high speed run and it hasn't reoccured.
I assume they have done quite a few by this time and they may have figured out a way to expedite the repair.
Good Luck!
Thank you, I thought I was the only one. They told me they replaced a bolt and a washer, apparently that was it, but again I just got it back yesterday, I will keep an eye on it, I hope is nothing serious.

Curious - has anyone had any tranny problems yet?

To you guys riding the 1st gen Rocket, when did the first tranny problems appear? Curious to see when Triumph started getting warranty claims on the power train so we can compare against the 2nd gen.

Hello @JPFEO and welcome from Virginia. I am glad you are getting your bike back, several of the 2020 engines have oil leaks.

Yes. Mine too, on the left side (and before the first maintenance) :
1604229933280.png

It looked to me as if it was coming from the hose drain (not visible on the picture) but the mechanic told me that it was from a gasket that he's replaced.

I need to ride to check it but can't tell when due to the covid19 containment since a couple of days...

Last edited:
Back