Speedometer trouble

Gunshots, out of curiosity why did you remove the cat box if you kept the stock pipes?
#1 reason was probably the heat issue. My wife rides a lot with me. I had only bought the bike in Oct. and we only had a couple days that were over 70 degrees. We were in town and she complained of the intense heat. I was fine. Narrowed it down to cat box under her feet. ( lifeCycle claimes operating temp @ 600+)So out it goes. I gives the beast just a mellow rumble and a nice little snort when sunday shifting. I also resolved some of the decel popping. I think I will still go the TuneBoy route. More for the secondaries mapping and the speedo calibration. I'm plenty happy with the HP for now. And I just got rid of my loud and obnoxious V -twin.

Sadly enough, it hasn't been warm enough to really get a good idea if this has resolved the problem or not. It will probably be March before I get another chance to ride. It should be a rather free flo now and I gota believe it will make a big differance. I wonder now if maybee some Corvette side pipes with heat shield & all. I do like to be different!!!:D

Back